An update on legal aspects of FC Barcelona and the protection of minorsJohn Shea
In this blog John Shea provides an update on the one year transfer ban that has been imposed on FC Barcelona after the club was found to have breached FIFA regulations relating to the international transfer and first registration of players under the age of 18.
...to continue reading register here for free
LawInSport is an independent publisher used by sports lawyers, sports business executives and administrators, athletes and support personnel, academics and students to stay informed of the latest legal issues and developments from the world of sport. It is our mission to improve the accountability, transparency and standard of the administration and governance of sport and the understanding of the law.
Thank you for considering becoming a member of LawInSport, supporting independent media and the promotion well researched, reference and accessible legal information that contributes to greater transparency and accountability in the sport and legal sectors.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use, professional training and/orclassroom uses is granted free of charge provided that such copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber | FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players | Football | Players Rights | Spain
- FC Barcelona and the protection of minors - Article 19 of FIFA Regs
- European football law recap: Vitesse & Chelsea links, Barce's transfer ban, Cardiff's rights to identity, and World Cup Stadia concerns
- The Spanish CNMC imposed fines on football clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, Racing de Santander and Sevilla and TV broadcaster Mediapro
- Buy-Out & Release Clauses in football contracts: The basics
- FIFA rejects appeals of FC Barcelona and the Spanish FA in relation to transfers of minors
About the Author
John is a solicitor at Shoosmiths LLP specialising in commercial litigation and sport law with a particular focus on regulatory and contentious issues such as contractual disputes, disciplinary proceedings and the registration and transfer of players.