An update on legal aspects of FC Barcelona and the protection of minors
By John Shea published on 05 April 2014
In this blog John Shea provides an update on the one year transfer ban that has been imposed on FC Barcelona after the club was found to have breached FIFA regulations relating to the international transfer and first registration of players under the age of 18.
To continue reading this article, and thousand like it, sign-up here for free.
If you are a regular reader and/or you are using LawInSport for professional purposes you may wish to upgrade your account to Plus Membership for under £4 per week. You can view all our membership plans here.
For corporate and academic institutional membership email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use, professional training and/orclassroom uses is granted free of charge provided that such copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber | FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players | Football | Players Rights | Spain
- FC Barcelona and the protection of minors - Article 19 of FIFA Regs
- European football law recap: Vitesse & Chelsea links, Barce's transfer ban, Cardiff's rights to identity, and World Cup Stadia concerns
- The Spanish CNMC imposed fines on football clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, Racing de Santander and Sevilla and TV broadcaster Mediapro
- Buy-Out & Release Clauses in football contracts: The basics
- FIFA rejects appeals of FC Barcelona and the Spanish FA in relation to transfers of minors