An update on legal aspects of FC Barcelona and the protection of minors
By John Shea published on 04 April 2014
In this blog John Shea provides an update on the one year transfer ban that has been imposed on FC Barcelona after the club was found to have breached FIFA regulations relating to the international transfer and first registration of players under the age of 18.
Do you want to continue reading this article? If so, you will need to sign-up here for instant access.
Access 1000+ peer-reviewed articles written by leading sports lawyers from across the world
For information about corporate and academic institutional membership email email@example.com.
£15 per month
Save 20% with Annual
£146 per year
|Standard Membership(Free)||Plus Membership (£15 per month or £146 per year)|
|Access news updates|
|Access featured articles and interviews with industry leaders|
|Access to three peer-reviewed articles per month|
|Unlimited access to peer-reviewed articles per month|
|Unlimited access to database of 1000+ peer-reviewed articles|
|Find out the latest sports law job vacancies|
|Priority booking to LawInSport Events (conferences, seminars & networking)|
|Exclusive access to LawInSport Seminars|
|15% Discount to LawInSport events such as our annual conference, seminars, masterclasses and networking events|
|20% Discount to the Soccerex Global Convention
|Discounted rate to the British Association for Sport and Law Annual Conference|
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use, professional training and/orclassroom uses is granted free of charge provided that such copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber | FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players | Football | Players Rights | Spain
- FC Barcelona and the protection of minors - Article 19 of FIFA Regs
- European football law recap: Vitesse & Chelsea links, Barce's transfer ban, Cardiff's rights to identity, and World Cup Stadia concerns
- The Spanish CNMC imposed fines on football clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid, Racing de Santander and Sevilla and TV broadcaster Mediapro
- Buy-Out & Release Clauses in football contracts: The basics
- FIFA rejects appeals of FC Barcelona and the Spanish FA in relation to transfers of minors