Networking evening - Planning for a career after sport
Over the course of the year LawInSport hosts a number of informal sports law social events where people who are passionate about sport and law can meet to discuss their passion outside of the traditional formal events.
This event will be centred around on a number of athletes sharing their personal experience of planning for a career after sport. Our guest speakers include:
- Andrew Steele - British 400 metres and 4x400 m relay runner and Head of Product at DNAFit;
- Emma Mason - former international badminton player and former chair of the Athlete Commission for Badminton World Federation and is a Sports Lawyer at Squire Patton Boggs and Director of Badminton Europe;
- Kevin Lisbie - international professional footballer (Jamaica). Kevin has played for clubs including Charlton Athletic, Reading, Queens Park Rangers, Ipswich Town, Colchester United, Millwall and Leyton Orient;
- Eniola Aluko - an English international footballer who plays for Chelsea Ladies of the FA WSL as a forward. Eni is also a qualified lawyer.
This event is free for Plus members and for any former or current professional athlete.
We would like to thank Mark Davies & Associates Ltd for sponsoring the evening.
Arrive, grab a drink and find someone to talk to. You will be in good company and be safe in the knowledge everyone at the event will at will be happy to talk you about sport.
This is a social event; people want to come and enjoy themselves without fear that someone will be trying to hard sell their services.
Drinks are provided on arrival. After which we will have a 45 minute panel discussion with speakers sharing their experiencing of planning for a career after sport.
5.30pm - Event Start
6pm - Panel Discussion
6.45pm - Networking Drinks
To attend you must:
- Work in or with clients in the sports sector;
- Work in the legal sector;
- Are on a recognised law or business course;
- Be a current or former professional athlete.
This event is free for LawInSport Plus Members. You can register for Plus membership here for as little as £15.
£30 for non-Plus members. To purchase your ticket you will need to register here.
Current and former professional athletes are eligible for free Plus membership and full-time students are eligible for half price Plus membership.
Taylor St Baristas, 26 Southampton Buildings, Chancery Lane, WC2A 1PN
Note: there only a limited number of spaces available so tickets will be on a first come first serve basis.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Mark Davies & Associates Ltd
|Event Date||01-03-2017 5:30|
|Event End Date||01-03-2017 9:30|
|Registration Start Date||15-02-2017|
|Cut off date||01-03-2017 17:00|
|Location||Taylor St Baristas|