How the UK taxes overseas athletes and what the consequences are for UK sport
By Adam Thatcher published on 08 August 2014
Do you want to continue reading this article? If so, you will need to sign-up here for instant access.
1000+ peer-reviewed articles written by leading sports lawyers from across the world
£15 per month
Save 20% with Annual
£146 per year
|Standard Membership(Free)||Plus Membership (£15 per month or £146 per year)|
|Access news updates|
|Access featured articles and interviews with industry leaders|
|Access to three peer-reviewed articles per month|
|Unlimited access to peer-reviewed articles per month|
|Unlimited access to database of 1000+ peer-reviewed articles|
|Find out the latest sports law job vacancies|
|Priority booking to LawInSport Events (conferences, seminars & networking)|
|Exclusive access to LawInSport Seminars series such as: sponsorship, broadcasting, disciplinary procedures, athletes rights, CAS jurisprudence, governance, anti-doping and match-fixing|
|15% Discount to LawInSport Events|
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use, professional training and/orclassroom uses is granted free of charge provided that such copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- 2015 Rugby World Cup | Athletics | Champions League | Commonwealth Games | England and Wales | FIFA | Finance Act 2010 | Finance Act 2012 | Finance Act 2013 | Finance Act 2014 | Football | Glasgow 2014 | Governance | Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 | OECD Model Tax Convention on Income and Capital | Regulation | Scotland | Tax Law | United Kingdom (UK) | World Cup
- A sporting chance – making the UK an attractive place to host major sports events
- How financial regulation affects competition across Europe’s big five football leagues
- Bayern President tax case, players betting regs, BSKYB win IP case and more
- Image rights companies in football – where are we now?
About the Author
Adam Thatcher is an associate in the Corporate Technology team at Taylor Wessing LLP, having completed his training contract at Mayer Brown International LLP which included a secondment to a global insurance company.