Win tickets to LawInSport's Football Law Conference 2019 - Writing competition
Updated 15 April 2019
LawInSport is offering an exclusive competition for LawInSport Plus Members to win delegate passes to the LawInSport Football Conference on 22-23 May 2019 in London.
To enter the competition you will need to:
- be a registered LawInSport Plus Member;
- rite a concise and engaging article examining what you consider will be a topical legal issue in football in 2019 (e.g. intermediary/ agent regulations, anti-doping rule violations for recreational drugs, player and managerial contracts, financial regulation, Brexit and the transfer market/ competition law etc.);
- there are two categories Student (must be a full-time student) and practitioners category;
The article should be no more than 2500 words (excluding references). The articles must include hyperlinks and references in keeping with the Oxford Style References.
Prizes (for each category)
2 delegate passes to the Football Conference + LawInSport Plus Membership for 1 year. The winner(s) will also be asked on stage to briefly present about their article topic at the Football Conference.
1 delegate pass to the Football Conference + LawInSport Plus Membership for 1 year.
1 delegate pass to the Football Conference.
Deadlines and Competition Schedule
- Entries must be submitted by the 9am GMT/UTC on 08 April 2019 - THIS HAS NOW BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL 30 April 2019.
- Five finalist entries will be announced on 02 May 2019 (was extended from 15 April 2019) and the articles published on LawInSport.
- LawInSport Members will be able to vote on the best article from 03-10 May (extended from 15 April until 9pm GMT/UTC on 30 April 2019).
- Winners will be announced on 11 May 2019 (extended from 30 April 2019).
Terms and Conditions
- Articles should all be referenced in keeping with the Oxford style referencing.
- Any articles that are plagiarised will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be able to attend the Football Conference on 22-23 May 2019.
- Accommodation and transport are not included as part of the competition.
- When submitting articles to LawInSport, entrants are agreeing to pass the copyright of the article to LawInSport.
- While more than one author can write the article for entry to the competition, should the article win a prize only as many authors as the allocated number of delegate passes can attend the conference (i.e. prize of two passes allows for two maximum attendees on those passes).
- LawInSport reserves the right to refuse any article that does not meet the terms and conditions of the competition.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.