Latest trends and developments in sports media rights to be discussed at LawInSport Conference
Without a doubt, sports media rights are critical to the growth and development of sport globally. Over the last year we have seen further increases in the value of many deals for major sports media rights. We have also seen new entrants into the market in the form of social media platforms dipping their toes into the sports media rights arena.
At the LawInSport Annual Conference a distinguished panel of experts for the legal and commercial sectors will be discussing what this means in terms of the latest trends & developments in negotiating, buying and selling sports media rights both now and in the future.
- Chaired by Alex Haffner, Partner at Fladgate LLP, the panel is comprised of:
- Matt Phillips, Chief Counsel, Media at BT
- Steven Bainbridge, Head of Sports Law & Events Management at Al Tamimi & Company
- Andrew Ryan, Head of Legal, Media at the IOC (TBC)
- Matt Chrisp, Commercial Analytics Director at beIN MEDIA GROUP
- Stephen Ridgway, Head Counsel at Sky Sports
- Rowena Samarasinhe, General Counsel at Athletics Management & Services AG
For further information including the full agenda and speaker list go to and details of how to book your place click here:
You can follow updates from the conference on Twitter using #LISconf17.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.