LawInSport’s ‘Football Law 2019 conference - Player Transfers, Agents, Politics and the Business of Football’ to be run in association with Blackstone Chambers
LawInSport is delighted to announce Football Law 2019 - Player Transfers, Agents, Politics and the Business of Football, will be run in association with Blackstone Chambers, the UK’s leading set for sports law. The conference will take place on 22 & 23 May 2019 at the Royal College of Physicians, London.
The conference builds on the success of last Year’s Football Law Seminar, also run in conjunction with Blackstone Chambers, as well as Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, which drew over 200 attendees from the legal, football and business community.
Football Law 2019 brings together world leading experts and wider members of the legal, football, sports and business community to participate in a two day conference, involving interactive panel discussions and networking opportunities, giving attendees the opportunity to meet and develop meaningful relationships with their colleagues working in the sector.
The conference will cover the latest legal developments in football with panels, debates and short updates on topics such as:
- Dispute Resolution: Key cases & developments in dispute resolution in football
- Player transfers: Contracts, minors, immigration & tax considerations
- Charities: Running and maintaining club & player foundations/charities
- Integrity Update: match-fixing & doping
- Agents: Are intermediaries/agents a necessity or luxury?
- Governance & regional development of football
- In-House legal teams: How to build an in-house legal team within clubsDeveloping a brand protection strategyCreating inclusive football: what steps need to be taken?
- Media rights: Cross comparison of buying, selling and distribution across for clubs, league and federations
- Insurance: Liability for injury to players and loss of income to clubs - policy, procedures, etc.
- Financing, buying and running football clubs
- Stadium development: Planning for domestic and international requirements for stadium safety
LawInSport CEO, Sean Cottrell, “We are delighted and honoured to again work with Blackstone Chambers, who are widely recognised as the market leaders in the sports law sector, to build on the success of last year's conference. The conference is set to be ground-breaking for the football and legal community both in terms of quality of the content and the diversity of those participating and attending the conference from around the world."
Companies Attending include:
39 Essex Chambers
4 New Square
Alexiou Fisher Philipps
Ararat - Armenia Football Club
Asian Football Confederation
Bär & Karrer AG
BCL Solicitors LLP
City Football Group
CMB-Sociedade de Advogados, R.L.
Cooke, Young & Keidan LLP
Creative Artists Agency
Crystal Palace F.C.
Dahl Law Firm
Davidson Chalmers LLP
De Buen Rodriguez Abogados, S.C.
DFL Deutsche Fussball Liga GmbH
ECIJA & ASOCIADOS ABOGADOS BARCELONA, S.L.
Edge Hill University
Effori Sociedade de Advogados Rua Caconde
English Football Association
European Club Association
Everton Football Club
German Football Agents Association
Huddersfield Town Football Club
IPS Law LLP
lafranchi meyer attorneys at law
Lewis Silkin LLP
Libra Law SA
Luton Town FC
Miller Insurance Services LLP
Mills & Reeve
Mishcon de Reya LLP
Morgan Sports Law
National Olympic Committee of Uzbekistan
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Northern Cricket Union
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Norwich City Football Club plc
Off Field Sports Consulting Ltd
Pit Stop Brand Consultancy
PLAUSUS UK LTD
Reed Smith LLP
Rock Sports Management
Ruiz-Huerta & Crespo
Saudi Professional League
SB PROFESSIONISTI SRLS
Schweele Law Office
SEG (Sports Entertainment Group)
Souloukou & Partners Law Firm
Sports People's Think Tank
Squire Patton Boggs (UK)
Sydney Mitchell LLP
The European Football Agents Association (“EFAA”)'
Thomas Cooper LLP
Tufan Football Club
University of Law
University of Northampton
University of Pretoria
University of Reading
University of Zurich
Vandellos Sports Law
VfB Stuttgart 1893 AG
Wasserman Media Group
Women In Football
For further information regarding the conference including the agenda, location and booking tickets click here.