Thank you for your support in 2015 and beyond
2015 was a great year for LawInSport in which we:
- Published over 250 peer-reviewed articles, video courses and podcasts from leading sports lawyers;
- Held a numerous networking events and seminars;
- Held our inaugural annual conference - Understand the Rules of the Game at which over 250+ people attended. Attendees included individuals from organisations such as Manchester United, Chelsea FC, Nike, Formula One®, Sky Sports, BT Sport, RFU, The FA, FIA, FIFA TMS and many more.
- Launched our membership plans and had over 4,000 members sign-up.
- Took our collective published article total to over 1,300 (you can read our top 25 articles here).
However, all of this would not be possible without the support of our readers, members, authors and board members. Therefore we would like to acknowledge all the people that have helped contribute to the success of LawInSport.
Members, Readers and Followers
We would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to our members, readers and Twitter followers who have supported, given encouragement and provided feedback on our services. Without your support we most certainly would not have the privilege of doing what we do on a daily basis in sports law.
We could not have the success we have had without the contributions from our 300+ authors who engage in our stringent editorial process. A big thank you to everyone who has written for LawInSport and helped to build our extensive database of sports law articles.
Thank you also to everyone who has participated in our interviews and events and to everyone who has provided constructive feedback and industry insights. We do greatly appreciate the time and energy that people have given to help create LawInSport.
Editorial and Advisory Board Members
Finally, we would like to acknowledge and thank our Advisory and Editorial Board members for their hard work and contributions. Often their important work behind the scenes goes unnoticed, therefore we would publicly like to thank all of our board members for their support and contribution to LawInSport.
Our Editorial and Advisory Board members:
- Alex Haffner
- Alex Kelham | @AlexKel22
- Alfonso Valero | @alfvalero
- Andrew Nixon | @andrewnixon100
- Andy Gray
- Andrew Smith
- Ariel Reck | @Arielreck
- Benoît Keane | @KeaneLegal
- Daniel Geey | @FootballLaw
- Genevieve Gordon | @TacticCounsel
- Jack Anderson | @sportslawQUB
- Jeffrey Benz | @jeffbenz
- John Mehrzad | @johnmehrzadlaw
- John Wolohan
- Jon Walters
- Katarina Pijetlovic
- Kendrah Potts
- Kevin Carpenter | @KevSportsLaw
- Layth Gafoor | @laythgafoor
- Mark Hovell | @MarkHovell
- Mark James | @prof_mark_james
- Maureen Weston
- Mike Morgan | @morgansportslaw
- Nick De Marco | @nickdemarco_
- Nikki Dryden | @NikkiDryden
- Nina Goolamali
- Paul Greene | @greenesportslaw
- Richard Liddell
- Takuya Yamazaki
- Andrew Ryan
- Angus Bujalski | @AngusBujalski
- Brent Nowicki | @SportOfLaw
- Chris Duffy
- James Bonington
- Jason Hillman
- Norman Wain
- Oliver Codrington
- Oliver Rumsey
- Sean Corbett | @F1rstForF1
- Vijay Parbat
Thank you to Chris Bond (Editor), Adam James (Office Manager), Manali Kulkarni (Executive Assistant), Jake Cohen (Consultant), Kevin Carpenter (Consultant), Alfonso Valero (Consultant) for their tireless work behind the scenes.
Thank you to our transcribers Yasmin Hosseini, Jordan Jackson and Lauren Montgomery for all your efforts over the year.
Moving into 2016...
2016 is going to be an exciting year for LawInSport. We are hosting our second Annual Conference in February; we will be running a minimum of 4 charity fundraising seminars for three charities selected by our members; and, we will be introducing new services for our members (more to come on this in the coming months).
Wishing you all the best for 2016!
Founder & CEO
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Top 25 sports law articles of 2015
- LawInSport is looking for sports charities to support
- LawInSport launches Plus Membership to enhance value for sports lawyers