Would you like to join the LawInSport Editorial Board?
We are delighted that LawInSport has been going from strength-to-strength; we now have over 16,000 members worldwide and having published over 1,700 peer-reviewed articles. Part of this success has been down to the invaluable work and input from our Advisory and Editorial Board.
To build continue to build on this success we have revised our Editorial Board structure to ensure we stay true to our values (inclusivity, integrity and accessibility) and on course to achieve our overarching objectives:
- To educate people about the role lawyers play in sport;
- To improve the standard and professionalism of governance in sport; and,
- To promote and educate people about the latest legal developments and best practice in sports law.
Therefore, after careful consideration we have decided to reform our board structure by establishing regional sub-divisions. This allow us to meet the increasing international demand for our content and provide more opportunities for our community of sports lawyers from across the world to contribute to LawInSport. It will also help us to ensure we are truly diverse and representative of the global community of sports lawyers.
The new Editorial Board structure will be broken down in the following subdivisions:
- Europe (incl Switzerland)
- North America
- South America
- Middle East
- Review legal articles;
- Liaise with the editorial team;
- Be available for 2 out of 3 meetings (virtual (call/Skype) or in person) per year;
- From time to time contribute articles and/or provide comments on sports law developments in your region;
- This role is not remunerated.
Criteria for applications
- Applicants must be either be a:
- Qualified lawyer (private practice or in-house counsel); or,
- Legal academic with sports law expertise;
- Demonstrate an interest in legal writing and legal/sports law education;
- Be willing to engage in the LawInSport community to encourage the understanding and development of sports law;
- Ideally, be an existing LawInSport Plus member;
- Disclose any potential or real conflicts of interest.
- Access to our global network;
- Increase knowledge and awareness of global developments in the sector;
- Being part of the helping grow and support the largest sports law resource and community in the world.
How To Apply
The deadline for applications is the close of business on the 28 February 2018.