Why the eSports industry needs to be aware of local laws in order to be successful in the Middle EastRaj Pahuja
This article explores the main legal issues affecting eSports in the Middle East. Specifically, it looks at the issues facing:
- Media partners
- Sponsors; and
- Integrity issues
...to continue reading register here for free
LawInSport is an independent publisher used by sports lawyers, sports business executives and administrators, athletes and support personnel, academics and students to stay informed of the latest legal issues and developments from the world of sport. It is our mission to improve the accountability, transparency and standard of the administration and governance of sport and the understanding of the law.
Thank you for considering becoming a member of LawInSport, supporting independent media and the promotion well researched, reference and accessible legal information that contributes to greater transparency and accountability in the sport and legal sectors.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are note made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Bahrain | eSports | Esports Integrity Coalition (ESIC) | Esports Middle East (ESME) | Integrity | Middle East | Player Welfare | United Arab Emirates
- Esports uncovered – Part 3: The biggest risk factors facing the industry
- Esports uncovered – Part 2: the key stakeholders - a comparison with the football industry
- Esports uncovered – Part 1: an overview of the ecosystem
- The continued rise of eSport – Efforts to combat match fixing and improve integrity