The FIFA Suarez ban explained
This blog aims to summarise what has happened and what is next for the controversial Liverpool and Uruguay star.
What has Suarez been found guilty of?
What is the precise sanction imposed?
As such Suarez will certainly be suspended for the Uruguay game against Columbia on Saturday 28 June. In addition, Suarez cannot take part in any football related activity. This means he is banned from any stadium during the 4 month period and it is being reported that he cannot even remain in the Uruguay hotel with his team-mates.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Brazil | FIFA | FIFA Disciplinary Code | Football | Regulation | Uruguay | World Cup
- Luis Suarez - Rebel without a clause
- How can Suarez legally defend against a ban from football for his World Cup “bite”?
- Could Liverpool sack Suarez?
- FIFPro Release - Suarez: Fair solution is still possible
Daniel is a Partner in the Sport Group.
Daniel’s practice focuses on helping clients in the sports sector, including rights holders, leagues, governing bodies, clubs, agencies, athletes, sports technology companies, broadcasters and financial institutions.