Tokyo 2020 Olympics infrastructure opportunities - transport, telecoms, energy and finance
On 8 September 2013, Tokyo was chosen as the host city for the 2020 Olympic Games. Tokyo is set to host the Games of the XXXII Olympiad from 25 July - 9 August 2020, and the Paralympic Games from 25 August - 6 September 2020.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 1
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 2
- The rights ‘revolution’ for pro sports stars in Japan – Part 3
- Japan joins Global Drug Reference Online to help athletes
- IOC announces composition of Tokyo 2020 and Buenos Aires 2018 Coordination Commissions
- IOC awards 2014-2016 broadcast rights in New Zealand and Pacific Island Territories
- Corporal punishment still has some support in Japanese sports, despite deaths; will the culture catch up to the law?
About the Author
David specialises in project delivery strategies and documents across all engineering and construction projects. He acts primarily for owners, developers and project companies but has also acted for government and numerous contractors. He has worked on a range of projects across most industry sectors, including power, roads, ports, property development, mining and resources, telecommunications, hospitals and process plants.
Alyson is a Senior Associate in our Perth construction team. Her core legal skills are advising the public and private sectors on the legal aspects of major projects, including complex contract risk review and strategic procurement and probity.
Celeste Koravo, Senior Associate at Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Celeste is an infrastructure, construction and energy lawyer with experience advising public and private sector clients on a range of complex and large-scale projects. She has experience drafting and negotiating project documents and acting in construction disputes including mediations, litigation and international arbitration.