Rugby TMO system in the spotlight again and club shocked as spectator trips player
What constitutes effective use of the TMO system?
The Television Match Official (TMO) referral system is monitored by the International Rugby Board (IRB) who do not want matches being continuously interrupted by unnecessary referrals.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: England | International Rugby Board (IRB) | Premiership Rugby | Rugby | Rugby Football Union (RFU) | Television Match Official (TMO)
- Rugby law recap: damages for head injury victim, new TMO system, abuse of match officials, and problems with sleeping pills
- Update on anti-corruption efforts in football, cricket & rugby: ACSU, IPL, NZRU, FA, FIFPro
- Concussion awareness, crowd trouble, and European deal signed
- Can you prevent cross-code player poaching in rugby?
About the Author
Henry is an aspiring sports lawyer, currently completing his GDL in Cardiff. Henry graduated from the Cardiff University with a B.A. in History and Philosophy. He has a passion for all sports especially rugby and tennis having played for the first team at Cardiff University.