FIFA rejects appeals of FC Barcelona and the Spanish FA in relation to transfers of minors
Impact of the decisionThe decision means that FC Barcelona are prevented from registering any players at both national and international level until the January 2016 transfer window. The club must also pay a fine of CHF 450,000 and regularise the situation of all minor players concerned within 90 days. The RFEF must also pay a fine of CHF 500,000 and regularise their regulations and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors within one year. A copy of FIFA’s statement regarding the rejected appeals can be found here4.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | FIFA Appeal Committee | FIFA Disciplinary Committee | Football | Governance | Regulation | Spain | Spanish Football Association (RFEF) | Transfer of minors
- FC Barcelona and the protection of minors - Article 19 of FIFA Regs
- An update on legal aspects of FC Barcelona and the protection of minors
- Pre-Contracts in football
- Your guide to FIFA’s Club Protection Programme
John is a senior associate in the Sports Business Group at Lewis Silkin specialising in contentious, regulatory and disciplinary issues for clubs, agencies, governing bodies and athletes