Why did Coventry City FC’s State aid claim fail?
Allegation that the loan was an unlawful subsidy
Coventry’s stadium-move to the Ricoh Arena
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Commercial Law | Competition Law | European Commission | Football | State Aid Law | Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union
- State Aid & football clubs: do they really need the money?
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 1 – examples of the Commission’s approach
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 2 – the availability of exemptions
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 3 – case study of France and UEFA Euro 2016
Marc practises as a barrister at Littleton Chambers, London. He is regularly ranked in the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories for his work in commercial, fraud and sports law disputes.