Why did Coventry City FC’s State aid claim fail?
Allegation that the loan was an unlawful subsidy
Coventry’s stadium-move to the Ricoh Arena
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Commercial Law | Competition Law | European Commission | Football | State Aid Law | Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union
- State Aid & football clubs: do they really need the money?
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 1 – examples of the Commission’s approach
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 2 – the availability of exemptions
- How State aid rules are being applied to European football: Part 3 – case study of France and UEFA Euro 2016
About the Author
Marc is a barrister at Littleton Chambers, called to the Bar following First Class degrees in Mathematics and Law. His practice areas (commercial, employment and administrative law) encompass the broad range of disputes that arise in a sporting context. The Legal 500 2014 directory rates Marc as one of the leading junior barristers in the country for Sports Law, describing him as "highly regarded in this area”.