The Basketball Arbitral Tribunal (BAT)
Whilst basketball is not financially attractive as football (outside the NBA) its organization internationally has greatly improved, especially in Fédération Internationale de Basketball (FIBA), the world governing body for basketball1 and its approach to resolution of conflicts between players, coaches, agents and clubs.
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Alternative Dispute Resolution | Arbitration | Basketball | Fédération Internationale de Basketball (FIBA)
- NFL & NBA lockouts: a UK lawyer's legal retrospective - Part 1
- NFL & NBA lockouts: a UK lawyer’s legal retrospective - Part 2
- NFL & NBA lockouts: a UK lawyer's legal retrospective - Part 3
- Introducing the NBA’s ‘flopping’ rules to football
- Resting players and squad rotation: comparing English football and the NBA