Director, DLA Piper
Sohail Ali practices in the area of Litigation, Arbitration and Investigations, with particular focus on conventional and Islamic banking and securities litigation, investigations and cross border-litigation. His clients include companies in a range of sectors including banking and retail.
- Acting for a financial institution in relation to one of the largest derivatives mis-selling claims issued against it
- Acting for a financial institution in relation to a high profile dispute over the payment of breakage costs upon early prepayment of a loan portfolio
- Advising an international motor vehicle retailer in relation to a complex cross-border multi-million pound fraud involving a former managing director
- Acting for a document storage business in relation to a professional negligence claim against its former auditors
- Acting for a financial institution in relation to a multi-million pound construction dispute relating to the failure of a novel biomass power plant
- Acting for a Dubai based lender on a US$200 million multi-jurisdictional syndicated Islamic Finance deal spanning across nine jurisdictions