A leading program in the field of International Sports Law
Introduction and Objectives
The Master in International Sports Law is considered the reference in terms of excellence in the sector.
Full-time Master, combines classroom training with on-site closure sessions in Cambridge and Switzerland, in addition to completing mandatory international internships.
It guarantees the path to a successful career, the best creation of a proven professional network within an exclusive market and job placement at the end.
This Master in International Sports Law has been designed for graduates in Law and for other people interested in developing their career in the world of sports law.
One of the requirements to be admitted to the program is to be able to dedicate one year to full time. On the other hand, it is also mandatory to have an advanced level of English since this is the official language of the program and, therefore, all classes are taught in English.
It is also compulsory for all the students to have a very good command of the English language in written and oral form.
Why should you choose this master?
- 1000 Students in more than 30 editions
- 90% TLabor insertion rate
- International recognition. Most appreciated Master by his students
- The Master´s faculty is composed by the most relevant international Sports Law professionals.
- The Master includes two academic stays (United Kingdom and Switzerland), where students will be trained in leading institutions and law firms in the sports and sports law sector.
- The Master is ranked first in the top specialized Law programs by El Mundo & Expansión
- You will work on real sports law cases handled by other lawyers. Litigation, sports dispute resolution, ADR´s, arbitrations, mediations… The student will always have all the supporting documentation, claim, counterclaim, procedural strategy, writs, resources, sentences and awards…
- We guarantee an internship period in leading law firms, clubs, governing bodies…. A unique learning opportunity that will give you the basis on which to build your future professional career. A chance to learn from industry leaders and to work with the best professionals in the sector..
- Over 1000 graduates that are currently working in the Sports Law and Management Industry. ISDE Sports Law Alumni.
- We offer a unique training methodology based on a combination of practical cases, master classes, institutional visits and in-house training.
ISDE Alumni Employment Network and Networking with over 10,000 alumni, professors and program directors, made up of more than 200 professional firms from more than 30 countries.
- National or international sports intermediary
- Representation agencies
- Law firms, audit firms and Big Fours
- Federations, private and public institutions
- National or international sports entities
- Sports entertainment industry
- E-Sports and videogames
- Organization and management of sport events
I. INTRODUCTION TO SPORTS LAW
- General introduction to Sports Law
- State law v. sports law
- Fora for sports dispute resolution
- Sources of law and the development of Lex Sportiva
- Introduction to CAS and its impact in the Lex Sportiva
II. INTERSECTION OF SPORTS LAW WITH OTHER AREAS OF LAW
- Labour Law
- Contract law
- Civil and criminal liability of athletes
- Financial and economic principles of sports
- EU law in the framework of Sports Law: “Competition”
- Tax law
- Corporate law (M&A)
- Intellectual property law
- Entertainment law
III. THE SPORTS MODEL
- The Sport Agreement
IV. FOOTBALL GOVERNANCE IN THE WORLD AND EUROPE
V. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Sport Dispute Resolution: National and International Level
- General Introduction to international alternative dispute resolution
VI. INTERNATIONAL SPORT DISPUTE RESOLUTION: NATIONAL LEVEL vs. INTERNATIONAL LEVEL: FEDERATIONS AND TAS/CAS
- General Introduction
- Ad Hoc divisions and notable awards
VII. INTERSECTION OF SPORTS LAW AND SWISS LAW IN EUROPE
- Swiss Civil Code and Swiss Code of Obligations
- Swiss Federal Tribunal
- WADA and the World Anti-Doping Code
- Doping and state law
- Doping proceedings
IX. SPORTS LAW IN SPAIN
- Regulatory framework
- Consejo Superior de Deportes
- Liga de Fútbol Profesional
X. SPORTS LAW IN THE UK (COLLABORATION WITH UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE)
- Introduction to English law and the Common law in the UK
- Common issues in UK sports law
- Sports law in the UK v. Global sports law
- UK relevant law and sports institutions
- Premier League and the Football Association
XI. SPORTS LAW IN THE US
- Introduction to US sports law and US sports model
- Sports law and national identity
- Common issues in US sports law
- Antitrust framework of professional sports
- Dispute resolution in US professional sports
- US amateur sports (NCAA)
- IP issues in US sports
XII. SPORTS LAW IN LATIN AMERICA
XIV. INDIVIDUAL SPORTS
- Tennis – ITF
- Boxing and Martial arts – AIBA, WKF, UFC
XV. MOTOR SPORTS
XVI. WRITING AND ADVOCACY SKILLS WORKSHOPS MORGAN
- Contract drafting and negotiation, including simulation
- FIFA written submissions
- CAS written submissions
- Opening and Closing statements
- Direct and cross-examination of witnesses
- Presentation of evidence
XVII. MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS
- Gambling in sports
- Match-fixing and manipulation of results
- Agents and Intermediaries
*To be spread out throughout the entire academic program.
*The Academic Program is subject to modifications should ISDE Academic Team or the Director of the Master program consider it appropriated.
Luís Fernando Pamplona Novaes
International Sports Lawyer
In addition to his work with ISDE, our academic director is an international sports lawyer at Nemetz & Kuhnen Advocacia, Luís works in the following areas of expertise; Sports Law, Corporate Law, Contract Law, Tax Law and Labor Law since 2004. Mr. Novaes coordinates the firm’s Corporate Law Department and is a member of the firm’s Managing Board, together with senior partners Luiz Carlos Nemetz and Evaristo Kuhnen.
He holds an Executive Master’s Degree in International Sports Law from Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía – ISDE – Madrid, Spain (2015). Specialist Degree in Contract Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica – PUC/SP (2007). Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Fundação Universidade Regional de Blumenau – FURB, class of 2004.
Professor of Taxation of the Full time and Online Master programs in International Sports Law from Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía – ISDE – Madrid, Spain. Professor of Labor relations in People Management of the Post-graduate program of Instituto Catarinense de Pós-Graduação – ICPG.
Professor of History of Law, Law of Obligations and Corporate Law at FAE/Blumenau.
His professional and civic activities are, Vice-president of Associação Professor Artur Novaes – APAN Vôlei. Coordinator of the Sports Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association – Subsection of Blumenau. Member of CESA – Center for Studies of Law Firms (“Centro de Estudos das Sociedades de Advogados”). Legal Advisor of Associação Blumenau Pró-Vôlei. Former member of OAB vai à Escola (“OAB goes to School”) program.
Dev Kumar Parmar
International Sports Lawyer
In addition to his work with ISDE, our academic director is an international sports lawyer and principal director at Parmars: Sports, which has bases in the UK and Spain. He was Called to the Bar by The Honorable Society of the Inner Temple, and has previous experience in Criminal Defence.
Working on all aspects of representation, management and legal advice, Dev assists top class athletes and coaches from the English Premier League down, and in other key countries. Dev’s key role within the inaugural edition of the Indian Super League in 2014 also marks him as an important connection within the region.
His work ethic has been roundly praised by numerous peers and leaders alike, with his strong willed belief in passing practical knowledge to students at the earliest stages has impressed many across the globe. Dev remains a mentor to dozens of students and young professionals, working closely with several colleges and universities in this respect.
Dev has been invited to speak in Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and South America. In 2012 Dev was nominated for both the London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games ‘Inspiring Person in the Community’ Award, and as a Barclays ‘Future Black Leader’ for the Top 100 of 2013.
Dev is personally supportive of all ISDE students and is happy to assist students with developmental pathways to ensure that they take the best next steps in their respective careers.
|Jeffrey Mishkin USA||Lawyer, Partner at Skadden Arps Mr.|
|David Wu China||Lawyer, Partner at Boss &Young Attorneys at Law Shanghai CAS Arbitrator|
|Omar Ongaro Switzerland||Lawyer, Head of Players’ Status & Governance at FIFA|
|Dan Johnson UK||Director of Communications and member of the Executive Leadership Team at Premier League|
|Pedro Garcia Correia Portugal||Sports Lawyer – Partner at CSA – Law Firm|
|Oliver Luck USA||Executive Vicepresident of regulatory affairs at NCAA|
|Dennis Koolaard Netherlands||Attorney at De Kempenaer Advocaten|
|Ramón Mullerat Spain||Lawyer, Partner at PWC|
|Mitch Nathanson USA||Lawyer, Villanova University|
|Ricardo Oliveras Spain||Partner at Écija|
|Alessandro Pieralli Spain||Lawyer, Maluker Advocats|
|Íñigo Quintana Spain||Lawyer, Partner at Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira|
|Luis Alonso Spain||Lawyer, Partner at Clifford Chance|
|Roberto Álvarez Spain||Lawyer, Partner at Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira|
|Leonardo Andreotti Brazil||Lawyer, Partner at Andreotti Advocacia Desportiva|
|Kaisor Basar Spain||Solicitor, Interlex Sport|
|Andrew Brandt USA||Lawyer, NFL|
|Delia Castaños Spain||Lawyer, Gómez Acebo & Pombo|
|Brianna Quinn Switzerland||Lawyer at Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler|
|Javier Hernández Galante Spain||Lawyer, Partner at Ashurst|
|Manuel Garayo Spain||Lawyer, Zurdo & Garayo|
|Rodrigo García Lucas Spain||Lawyer, Laffer Abogados|
|Julien Sieveking Canada||Chief Legal Manager at WADA|
|Vered Yakovee USA||Vice President & Associate General Counsel at Miami HEAT|
|Daniel Cravo Brazil||Partner at Cravo, Pastl, Balbuena|
|Dídac Severino Spain-UK||Senior Associate (Corporate/M&A) at Clifford Chance|
|Alfonso Gómez-Acebo Spain||Partner, Baker & McKenzie|
|Robert Pongracz Romania||Vice President en Liga Profesionista de Fotbal|
|Daniel Muñoz Spain||Partner at Muñoz & Arias Sports Lawyers|
|Desirée Bellia Switzerland||Legal affairs manager at ECA|
|Rodrigo Arias Switzerland||Integrity Manager – FIFA Security Division|
|Gregory Bloom USA||Partner at Chase Lawyers|
|Miguel Liétard Spain||Lawyer at Sport Advisers|
|Stuart McInnes UK||Consultant Squire Patton Boggs|
|William Sternheimer Switzerland||Deputy Secretary General at Court of Arbitration for Sport|
|Oliver Jaberg Switzerland||Director of Integrity & Institutional Legal, FIFA|
|Mike Morgan UK||Partner at Morgan Sports Law LLP|
|Marc Valentin Lenz Switzerland||Club Licensing & Financial Fair Play at UEFA|
|James Bunting Canada||Partner, Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg, LLP|
|Ulrich Haas Switzerland||University of Zurich|
|Kimberly Morris Switzerland||Head of Integrity & Compliance at FIFA TMS|
|Jan Kleiner Switzerland||Senior Associate Bär & Karrer|
|Ariel Reck Argentina||Sports Lawyer|
|Jeff Miller USA||Lawyer|
|Takehiko Nakamura Japan and USA||President and CEO at Blue United Corporation|
|Íñigo de la Calle Spain||Partner and Senn Ferrero|
|David Casserly UK and Switzerland||Barrister|
|Nic Coward UK||Adviser|
|Dirk-Reiner Martens Germany||Managing Director of Martens Rechtsanwälte|
|Dev Kumar Parmar UK||Sports Law Adviser/Athlete Representative|
|Sarah Ochwada Kenia||Sports & Entertainment Lawyer, Arbitrator|
|Daniel Lorenz Portugal||Head of Internationalization at FC Porto|
|Loïc Morin France||Responsable Service Juridique LFP|
|Kate Porter USA||Associate Skadden,Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP|
|Claude Ramoni Switzerland||Partner at Libra Law|
|Wouter Lambrecht Switzerland||Head of Legal at the European Club Association|
|Mario Vigna Italy||Italian Olympic Committee|
|Stephen Bock Switzerland||Legal Affairs Manager at Fédération Internationale de Volleyball|
|Elisenda Salrach Spain||Legal Director Euroleague|
|Alberto Fortún Spain||Lawyer, Partner at Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira|
|Jacobo Beltrán Spain||Senior Advisor at Grant Thornton|
*The faculty is subject to modifications
C/ Serrano 208
(+34) 911 265 180
(+34) 915 762 021