Sport and iGaming
Published 24 October 2011
Online gambling brands are the fastest growing sponsor of professional sport . In the UK alone, 28 per cent of Premier League and Championship football clubs have a gaming company as a shirt sponsor. In response to the massive growth of this sector, the leading information providers in the sport and igaming industries, SportBusiness Group and iGaming Business have allied themselves to develop a new conference – Sport and iGaming 2010.
Held at the London headquarters of our sponsor, international law firm Pinsent Masons LLP, for the first time a conference took a detailed look at all aspects of sport and iGaming – the sponsorship and marketing opportunities, the evolution of offline to online betting, the legal details, risk and reputation protection, the sponsorship success stories, the data behind the campaigns and the future of this industry.
In exciting, fast moving industries such as this, information, data, best practice and networking is crucial. This conference will deliver all this and more.
Speakers at the 2010 event included:
- Leo Thompson, Head of UK Sports Marketing (Betfair)
- Nick Hawkins, Head of Legal Services (Danoptra) and former Shadow Minister for Gambling
- Keith McDonnell, Business Development Director (Bodog Europe)
- Mike Falconer, CEO (Bettorlogic)
- Kevan Moretti, Head of B2B Services (Racing Post)
- Phil Balderamos, Head of Corporate Marketing and Communications (Sportech)
- Steve Keall, Senior Associate (Pinsent Masons LLP)
- Mike Shaw, Director, Marketing Solutions (comScore)
- Alex Gough, CEO, (Professional Squash Association)
- Jackie Fast, Managing Director (Slingshot Sponsorship)
- Oliver Codrington, Co-Founder (Global Sports Integrity)
- Andy Lulham, Head of UK Sports & Marketing PR (Betfair)
- Kevin Roberts, Editorial Director (SportBusiness Group)
- Michael Caselli, Partner (iGaming Business)
Content for discussion included:
- iGaming and major events sponsorship
- The ethical challenges of gaming sponsorship
- iGaming sponsorship from a legal perspective
- The changing way we bet
- Sponsorship success stories
- Exclusive research from leading research house comScore, available ONLY to delegates
- Fantastic networking opportunities
- and much more....
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.