Just under 10,000 class members have registered for NFL concussion settlement benefits
7 March 2017
Nearly 10,000 class members have registered for NFL concussion settlement benefits since the program opened one month ago.
As of March 6, 2017, 9,940 retired NFL players and representative or derivative claimants have registered—nearly half of the entire class.
“We are encouraged by the immediate and enthusiastic participation from retired NFL players so early in the registration period,” said Christopher Seeger, co-lead class counsel. "Although registration will remain open for several more months, we urge all class members not to delay and immediately Register today.”
All settlement class members must register by August 7, 2017, to be eligible for benefits (such as a baseline assessment or monetary award). Registration can be completed either online or by mail. Retired NFL players and their representatives can visit www.nflconcussionsettlement.co
- Tags: American Football | Athlete Welfare | Concussion | National Football League (NFL) | United States of America (USA)
- Are EA’s visual representations in Madden generic enough to avoid liability in publicity claim?
- Statement on SCOTUS declining to consider appeals of the NFL concussion settlement
- NHL’s subpoena requests regarding CTE: Valid production request or invasion of privacy?
- Is a football player’s concussion an intentional injury? Arena Football says no, moves for dismissal of player’s concussion lawsuit