Master in International Sports Law - ISDE
Introduction and Objectives
The Master in International Sports Law is considered the reference in terms of excellence in the sector.
Full-time Master, combines classroom training with on-site closure sessions in Cambridge and Switzerland, in addition to completing mandatory international internships.
It guarantees the path to a successful career, the best creation of a proven professional network within an exclusive market and job placement at the end.
This Master in International Sports Law has been designed for graduates in Law and for other people interested in developing their career in the world of sports law.
One of the requirements to be admitted to the program is to be able to dedicate one year to full time. On the other hand, it is also mandatory to have an advanced level of English since this is the official language of the program and, therefore, all classes are taught in English.
It is also compulsory for all the students to have a very good command of the English language in written and oral form.
Why should you choose this master?
- 1000 Students in more than 30 editions
- 90% TLabor insertion rate
- International recognition. Most appreciated Master by his students
- The Master´s faculty is composed by the most relevant international Sports Law professionals.
- The Master includes two academic stays (United Kingdom and Switzerland), where students will be trained in leading institutions and law firms in the sports and sports law sector.
- The Master is ranked first in the top specialized Law programs by El Mundo & Expansión
- You will work on real sports law cases handled by other lawyers. Litigation, sports dispute resolution, ADR´s, arbitrations, mediations… The student will always have all the supporting documentation, claim, counterclaim, procedural strategy, writs, resources, sentences and awards…
- We guarantee an internship period in leading law firms, clubs, governing bodies…. A unique learning opportunity that will give you the basis on which to build your future professional career. A chance to learn from industry leaders and to work with the best professionals in the sector..
- Over 1000 graduates that are currently working in the Sports Law and Management Industry. ISDE Sports Law Alumni.
- We offer a unique training methodology based on a combination of practical cases, master classes, institutional visits and in-house training.
ISDE Alumni Employment Network and Networking with over 10,000 alumni, professors and program directors, made up of more than 200 professional firms from more than 30 countries.
- National or international sports intermediary
- Representation agencies
- Law firms, audit firms and Big Fours
- Federations, private and public institutions
- National or international sports entities
- Sports entertainment industry
- E-Sports and videogames
- Organization and management of sport events
I. INTRODUCTION TO SPORTS LAW
- General introduction to Sports Law
- State law v. sports law
- Fora for sports dispute resolution
- Sources of law and the development of Lex Sportiva
- Introduction to CAS and its impact in the Lex Sportiva
II. INTERSECTION OF SPORTS LAW WITH OTHER AREAS OF LAW
- Labour Law
- Contract law
- Civil and criminal liability of athletes
- Financial and economic principles of sports
- EU law in the framework of Sports Law: “Competition”
- Tax law
- Corporate law (M&A)
- Intellectual property law
- Entertainment law
III. THE SPORTS MODEL
- The Sport Agreement
IV. FOOTBALL GOVERNANCE IN THE WORLD AND EUROPE
V. ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Sport Dispute Resolution: National and International Level
- General Introduction to international alternative dispute resolution
VI. INTERNATIONAL SPORT DISPUTE RESOLUTION: NATIONAL LEVEL vs. INTERNATIONAL LEVEL: FEDERATIONS AND TAS/CAS
- General Introduction
- Ad Hoc divisions and notable awards
VII. INTERSECTION OF SPORTS LAW AND SWISS LAW IN EUROPE
- Swiss Civil Code and Swiss Code of Obligations
- Swiss Federal Tribunal
- WADA and the World Anti-Doping Code
- Doping and state law
- Doping proceedings
IX. SPORTS LAW IN SPAIN
- Regulatory framework
- Consejo Superior de Deportes
- Liga de Fútbol Profesional
X. SPORTS LAW IN THE UK (COLLABORATION WITH UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE)
- Introduction to English law and the Common law in the UK
- Common issues in UK sports law
- Sports law in the UK v. Global sports law
- UK relevant law and sports institutions
- Premier League and the Football Association
XI. SPORTS LAW IN THE US
- Introduction to US sports law and US sports model
- Sports law and national identity
- Common issues in US sports law
- Antitrust framework of professional sports
- Dispute resolution in US professional sports
- US amateur sports (NCAA)
- IP issues in US sports
XII. SPORTS LAW IN LATIN AMERICA
XIV. INDIVIDUAL SPORTS
- Tennis – ITF
- Boxing and Martial arts – AIBA, WKF, UFC
XV. MOTOR SPORTS
XVI. WRITING AND ADVOCACY SKILLS WORKSHOPS MORGAN
- Contract drafting and negotiation, including simulation
- FIFA written submissions
- CAS written submissions
- Opening and Closing statements
- Direct and cross-examination of witnesses
- Presentation of evidence
XVII. MISCELLANEOUS TOPICS
- Gambling in sports
- Match-fixing and manipulation of results
- Agents and Intermediaries
*To be spread out throughout the entire academic program.
*The Academic Program is subject to modifications should ISDE Academic Team or the Director of the Master program consider it appropriated.
- Street: C/ Serrano 208
- Postcode: 28002
- City: Madrid
- Country: Spain
- Telephone: (+34) 911 265 180
- Fax: (+34) 915 762 021