Match-Fixing Legal and Regulatory Update 2015
Legal and regulatory update
This course is available to LawInSport Plus Members (click here to register). Plus members should login to view the full course.
In this online video course Kevin Carpenter, Principal of Captivate Legal and Sport Solutions and LawInSport Editorial Board Member, presents an update on the legal and regulatory developments in the global fight against match-fixing.
The online course covers the following areas:
- What is match-fixing?
- How are suspicious, irregular and illegal behaviour monitored and reported?
- How do monitoring systems work? In particular the limitations of the IOC IBIS system and uneasy relationships between sports and monitoring companies when it comes to data.
- What are the scope, variety and powers within different regulations for different sports? Examples of Football, tennis, cricket.
- What is landscape of international regulation around match-fixing? Such as the Council of Europe Convention on the Manipulation of Sports Competitions.
- What are the key cases and most recent cases of match-fixing? The Olaso, Blake, Verrakorn and Kevin Sammut