Partner, HopgoodGanim Lawyers
Nicole is a Partner at HopgoodGanim Lawyers and has over 20 years’ experience acting for some of Queensland’s most prominent sporting organisations. Her practice comprises corporate advisory focusing on corporate structuring, commercial contracts, due diligence and corporate governance in a range of sectors.
HopgoodGanim Lawyers’ combined strength in the sporting sector enables us to provide innovative and tailored advice that helps our clients create strong and successful organisations. We have a detailed understanding of the issues faced in the operation of both amateur and professional sporting institutions in this dynamic and interactive sector.
Nicole and the team from HopgoodGanim have acted for some of Australia’s most prominent sporting enterprises, including:
- Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club, a professional Australian rules football club based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Gold Coast Titans, a professional rugby league football club, based on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Queensland Rugby Football League, the governing body for rugby league in Queensland, Australia
- Triple Eight Race Engineering, Australian motor racing team competing in the Supercars Championships
- Brisbane Racing Club, an Australian thoroughbred horse racing organisation based in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
In addition to her close working relationship with the Brisbane Lions, Nicole was a founding member of the inaugural Brisbane Lions Women of the Pride Committee in 2015 and continues to be a proud member of the group to this day. As part of her role, Nicole assisted in the establishment of the Women of the Pride charter, developing membership and fulfilling the mission of the group in areas such as fundraising and player welfare.
Additionally, HopgoodGanim Senior Associate Jon Erbacher is an active member of the Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association.