FIFA rejects appeals of FC Barcelona and the Spanish FA in relation to transfers of minors
Published 21 August 2014 By: John Shea
Impact of the decisionThe decision means that FC Barcelona are prevented from registering any players at both national and international level until the January 2016 transfer window. The club must also pay a fine of CHF 450,000 and regularise the situation of all minor players concerned within 90 days. The RFEF must also pay a fine of CHF 500,000 and regularise their regulations and existing system concerning the international transfer of minors within one year. A copy of FIFA’s statement regarding the rejected appeals can be found here4.
Get access to this article and all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport
Already a member?
Articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | FIFA Appeal Committee | FIFA Disciplinary Committee | Football | Governance | Regulation | Spain | Spanish Football Association (RFEF) | Transfer of minors
- FC Barcelona and the protection of minors - Article 19 of FIFA Regs
- An update on legal aspects of FC Barcelona and the protection of minors
- Your guide to FIFA’s Club Protection Programme
- Pre-Contracts in football