A Comparison of Man City's and Man United's Business Models - Soccerex 2014 - Episode 24
Published 25 September 2014 By: Sean Cottrell
In this podcast Dan Jones, Lead Partner of the Deloitte Sports Business Group, and Mark Hovell, Head of Sport at Mills & Reeve compare and contrast the business models of Manchester City and Manchester United. Dan and Mark discuss the different approaches taken by both clubs specifically focusing on talent and infrastructure investment, global commercial growth and fan engagement.
The recording of this week's show is taken the the panel session 'One City, Two Clubs' from the Soccerex Global Convention 2014 in Manchester, England. We would like to thank our partners Soccerex for giving us permission to use the recording.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Interview with sports lawyer Juan de Dios Crespo - Episode 23
- Interview with Matthieu Reeb, Secretary General of the Court of Arbitration for Sport - Episode 22
- Travis Tygart, CEO of U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, talks Lance Armstrong and doping in Major League sport - Episode 21
- Financial Fair Play in Football with Daniel Geey and Trevor Birch - Episode 20
- The Anatomy of The Armstrong Lie: a story of cycling, doping and betrayal - Episode 19
- Discussion on Football Banning Orders with Prof Mark James and Kevin Carpenter - Episode 18