ATP Announces Rule Changes To Speed Play
ATP has announced new rules relating to toilet breaks, attire changes to come into effect from 2022, in addition to a proposed change to the Medical Time Out rule (start date TBC).
Toilet Break & Change of Attire (Effective 2022)
- Players can take a maximum of three minutes once they have entered the toilet
- Players will receive two minutes for a change of attire in addition to the three-minute toilet break
- Note: Change of attire may only be done in conjunction with a toilet break (unless authorised by the Chair Umpire)
- A player may only take one toilet break per match
- Toilet breaks can only be taken during a set break
- Time violations will apply if a player is not ready within the allowed time
Medical Time Out (Effective Date TBD)
- One three-minute time out per match to be taken during a changeover or a set break only.
- If the player cannot continue to the next change of ends, he will forfeit the points required to get to that change of ends/set break
Further updates will be provided in due course.
The original article can be found here.