The World Rowing Federation, FISA, 2015 Ordinary Congress was held following the successful conclusion of the 2015 World Rowing Championships in Aiguebelette, France.
After President Jean-Christophe Rolland opened the Congress, it began with reports from the President, Executive Committee Members, Chairs of the specialist Commissions and Continental Representatives.
The elections for positions on the FISA Council were next on the agenda and the following individuals were elected for a four year term:
- Athletes’ Commission: Lenka Wech (GER)
- Equipment and Technology Commission: Paul Fuchs (USA)
- Rowing for All Commission: Guin Batten (GBR)
- Sports Medicine Commission: Dr. Alain Lacoste (FRA)
- Youth Rowing Commission: Algirdas Raslanas (LTU)
Owing to a casual vacancy in the Executive Committee, Patrick Rombaut (BEL), Chair of the Umpiring Commission, was elected to serve until 31 December 2017.
Six new national members were welcomed into FISA:
- Djibouti (DJI) – Djibouti Rowing and Canoe Federation
- Haiti (HAI) – Haitian Rowing Federation
- Luxembourg (LUX) – Fédération Luxembourgeoise des Sociétées d’Aviron
- Malawi MAW – Malawi Rowing Federation
- Malta (MLT) – Ghaqda Regatta Nazzjonali u Qdif lehor
- Trinidad and Tobago(TTO)
The total number of member national rowing federations is now 148.
Representatives of the Organising Committees for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games and the 2017 World Rowing Championships in Sarasota-Bradenton , Florida, USA made presentations on their preparations.
The Congress attributed the 2019 World Rowing Championships to Linz-Ottensheim, Austria. Linz-Ottensheim received 128 votes over the candidature of Hamburg, Germany, which received 30 votes. A total of 64 countries voted.
At the conclusion of the Congress FISA staged a National Federations Conference in which FISA President Jean-Christophe Rolland explained and discussed in detail the changes to be made in response to the IOC’s Agenda 2020 as well as some future governance and rules changes.
Finally, the delegates attributed the 2016 Ordinary Congress to Rotterdam, the Netherlands to be held on 29 August 2016.