LawInSport's inaugural Motorsport Law Conference will finish with a discussion on the commercial and legal issues in motorsport - 31 March, 4 PM BST.
This panel explores the different commercial approaches taken across motorsport and the associated legal issues and opportunities this presents. Our speakers on this topic will be:
- Alex Kelham, Partner & Head of Sport, Lewis Silkin
- Neil Magnuson, Media Counsel, NASCAR Media Ventures
- Katie Hoffman, Associate General Counsel, NASCAR
- Robert Cain, Partner and Head of Corporate, Blaser Mills Law
- Jeremy Stone, Senior Legal Counsel, Williams Racing
Our panel will discuss:
- The commercial model for NASCAR - the rights NASCAR retains and how it changes with international competitions.
- How does this contrast with Formula One?
- Some of the challenges that faced regarding brand protection, indemnities, sub-licensing, and so forth?
- How to balance the commercial relationship between drivers, teams and the championships.
The conference provides attendees with interactive panel discussions, with world-leading experts discussing the contemporary legal issues impacting motorsport. You get to engage will fellow attendees in the chat feature and ask your questions throughout the sessions. You will also be able to obtain between 4-7 hours of self-accredited CPD. Certificates of attendance will be provided.
The conference is designed for sports lawyers, sports executives & administrators, agents, academics, students, drivers and athletes.
For further information including the full agenda and speaker list go to and details of how to book your place, click here.
You can follow updates from the conference on Twitter using #motorsportlaw21