Public Disclosure Of Disposition Of Anti-Doping Matter Under Rule 14.3.2 – Lilian Kasait Rengeruk (Ken)
1. On 20 January 2022, Lilian Kasait Rengeruk1 (“the Athlete”) provided a Sample Out-of-Competition during a Doping Control conducted on behalf of the Athletics Integrity Unit (“AIU”) of World Athletics, which resulted in an Adverse Analytical Finding for Letrozole2 (“the AAF”) which is a Specified substance, prohibited at all times3.
2. On 16 February 2022, the AIU notified the Athlete of the AAF and of potential anti-doping rule violations (“ADRVs”) pursuant to Rule 2.1 and Rule 2.2 of the World Athletics Anti-Doping Rules (“ADR”).
3. On 23 February 2022, the Athlete responded to the notice from the AIU with an explanation for the AAF and supporting evidence and requested to enter into a Case Resolution Agreement
to resolve the matter pursuant to Rule 10.8.2 ADR.
4. The AIU, the Athlete and WADA (the Parties”) subsequently entered into a Case Resolution Agreement in accordance with Rule 10.8.2 ADR pursuant to which:
4.1. the Athlete acknowledges that she committed ADRVs under Rule 2.1 and 2.2 of the ADR;
4.2. the Athlete agrees to be sanctioned for the ADRVs with a period of Ineligibility of ten (10) months pursuant to Rule 10.6.1(a) of the ADR
4.3. taking into consideration how promptly the Athlete admitted the ADRVs upon notification in the specific circumstances of this case, the Parties agree that the period of Ineligibility shall be backdated so the Athlete will serve one-half of the ten (10)-
month period i.e., five (5) months, from the date of the Case Resolution Agreement (i.e., 19 September 2022) pursuant to Rule 10.8.2 ADR. Therefore, the period of Ineligibility shall commence on 19 April 2022 and be in effect until, and including, 18 February 2023; and
4.4. in accordance with Rules 9 and 10.10 of the ADR, the Athlete’s competitive results from 20 January 2022 are disqualified with all resulting consequences, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prize money/prizes.
5. Following the Case Resolution Agreement, there is no right of appeal in the matter under the ADR and the disposition of the Athlete’s case is published in accordance with Rule 14.3.2 of the ADR
The original press release can be found here : https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/downloads/pdfs/disciplinary-process/en/AIU-22-6-Rengeruk-Communication-CRA.pdf