Sports Lawyers Association in Denver - 43rd Annual Conference, May 18-20
4 May 2017
Join the Sports Lawyers Association in Denver for their 43rd Annual Conference at the Denver Marriott City Center. "The 2017 Conference will address important 21st century sports law and business issues, including sports governance, ethics, media rights, crisis management, and dispute resolution, in an interactive discussion format in which leading sports lawyers, industry professionals, and law professors will participate,” said SLA President Matt Mitten.
It will consist of 28 panels and breakout sessions featuring: expert analysis and debate of contemporary issues facing the sports industry; networking opportunities; presentation of the Michael Weiner SLA Award of Excellence to Scott Blackmun, CEO of the United States Olympic Committee; and recognition of the 2017 SLA Philanthropy Initiative recipients and Law Student Writing Competition winners.
700 participants, networking opportunities, exhibiting sponsors, CLE credit, attendees from 36 states, DC, and international attendees from: Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Ecuador, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Philippines, Spain, Switzerland and the UK
Plenary panels will include:
- NCAA and Conference Governance and Institutional Control: Who has jurisdiction?
- Turning and Turning in the Widening Gyre: The Ethical Conundrums of Sports Practice
- TMZ Posted What!? Sports Crisis Management in the Age of Social Media
- New Models for Sports TV Distribution: Respect the Fine Print
Hotel and Travel
Click here to make your hotel reservations at the Denver Marriott City Center
To register for the conference, please see here.
Conference Registration Questions? Call: 703.437.4377, Ext. 4085, 4070 or 4071
- College Sports Crisis Management Dispute Resolution Ethics Governance Media Rights National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Regulation United States of America (USA) United States Olympic Committee (USOC)