WADA invites feedback for latest versions of International Standard for Results Management and the Technical Document for Athlete Passport Management Units
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has invited feedback regarding the latest versions of the International Standard for Results Management and the Technical Document for Athlete Passport Management Units.
The proposed amendments that WADA are seeking feedback on are:
International Standard for Results Management:
- Definition of the primary and secondary markers of the Endocrine Module and blood steroid markers of the Steroidal Module;
- Removal of redundancies with both the Technical Document for Athlete Passport Management Units and the Technical Document for the Measurement and Reporting of Endogenous Anabolic Androgenic Steroid Markers of the Urinary Steroid Profile; and
- Clarification of Passport management steps occurring after review of an ABP Documentation Package.
Technical Document on Athlete Passport Management Unit Requirements and Procedures:
- Details of ABP Expert pool composition for the Endocrine module (Article 6);
- Clarification regarding review of Atypical Passport Findings (ATPFs) and the specific markers involved (Section 8) based on best practice recommendations; and
- Updates to Section 8.6 concerning the preparation of ABP Documentation Packages.
Both are currently scheduled to come into force on 1 January 2023 with feedback being accepted until 9 September 2022. Feedback can be provided through WADA Connect where users will create an account and then be able to provide any comments.
A WADA statement said “Stakeholders are asked, to the extent possible, to draw on practical experiences and propose recommendations that would benefit the global collaborative mission for doping-free sport. In addition, stakeholders are asked to be as specific and clear as possible with their feedback, e.g. by proposing text to replace the proposed amendments. Please note WADA is only seeking feedback to the proposed amendments presented in each document.”
The original press release can be found here : https://www.sportresolutions.com/news/view/wada-invites-feedback-for-latest-versions-of-international-standard-for-results-management-and-the-technical-document-for-athlete-passport-management-units
- Anti-Doping Athlete Biological Passport (ABP) International Standard for Results Management World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)