Sarah Solémalé, Senior Governance Services Manager at FIFA
Sarah Solémalé is the Senior Governance Service Manager at FIFA. Sarah speaks to LawInSport’s founder and CEO, Sean Cottrell, about:
- transitioning from art to law;
- interviewing and securing a legal role at FIFA;
- the differences between the roles and responsibilities of a lawyer in the legal and governance departments at FIFA;
- the importance "soft skills" and diplomacy;
- the future of sports in Africa and embracing the power of sport;
- advice on help developing sports in underdeveloped sports markets;
- how lawyers can better engage with governments and civil servants;
- the area of law outside of governance that interest Sarah the most;
- how do you decipher what is important information to focus on and the value of peer-to-peer learning; and,
- the importance of good mental health, particularly during the pandemic.
We thoroughly enjoyed the interview and took a lot away from it. We hope you do the same.
The host is Sean Cottrell (@spcott), founder and CEO of LawInSport.
- For more sports law news, commentary and analysis go to LawInSport.com
- Upcoming Events: www.lawinsport.com/sports-law-events
- LawInSport Recruitment:
- LawInSport Annual Conference: www.lawinsport.com/annual-conference
- LawInSport Academy Mentoring Scheme: www.lawinsport.com/announcements
- Follow us on Twitter @LawInSport and Sean at @spcott.
- Listen to podcast on:
- Soundcloud: @lawinsport
- iTunes: itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lawlnsport-sports-law-podcast or most Android podcast apps.