Penningtons Manches LLP
Penningtons Manches LLP is a leading UK law firm which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals. Our sports group includes lawyers from a number of practice areas, including employment, commercial, construction, IP and IT, litigation, professional regulation, immigration and private client. We address the specific objectives of each client through our flair and technical expertise and offer a personal service founded on a strong team ethic.
We have a track record of providing advice at many levels in the sector, including governing bodies, teams, players, agents, venue owners, sponsors and broadcasters, and across a variety of different sports including football, rugby, golf, boxing and motorsports.
Members of our team have spent time working in-house or on secondments to sports businesses. Their first-hand understanding is fundamentally important to our practical and solutions-focused approach.
The firm has a broad international focus supported by well-established links with law firms throughout the world. Penningtons Manches is a member of Multilaw and the European Law Group, networks with representatives in over 70 countries, and many of our lawyers play leading roles in various international bodies.
Types of work include:
- private client and tax planning matters for domiciled and non-domiciled sportsmen and sportswomen;
- employment contracts with sports clubs, business and associations and disciplinary related issues;
- immigration matters for both businesses and employees;
- sponsorship, merchandising and advertising for commercial partners to broadcasters and sports events;
- all legal aspects of event management for venue owners, including brand associations, ambush marketing and online issues;
- redevelopment work within stadia, leisure complexes and sports clubs;
- and brand portfolio management and e-commerce matters.
- Street: Abacus House, 33 Gutter Lane
- Postcode: EC2V 8AR
- City: London
- Country: Belgium, China, France, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
- Tel: 020 7457 3000