East & Concord Partners
East & Concord Partners has over a decade of experience providing legal services to sports sector clients. Our Entertainment & Sports team has represented a number of athletes in anti-doping hearings, international sports arbitrations and appeals to the Swiss Federal Supreme Court. Our team of specialists has also represented several sports clubs in international arbitrations. Apart from providing legal counsel for national sports administrative bodies and sports associations, our team also provides specialized legal services for major international and domestic sport events.
Over the years, our team has accumulated a wealth of experience and expertise in sports-related matters, including sports dispute resolution, international sports arbitration, development and protection of sports related intangible assets, sports law and policy research, contract negotiation and drafting. With extensive resources within the sports industry and abundant practical experience, we are well equipped to provide our clients with efficient, effective and high-quality legal services.
Our team consists of more than ten specialists, including two partners, one counsel, one senior lawyer, and one US-based senior consultant. All members of the team graduated from globally renowned law schools and have specialist expertise in sports law. Accompanied with extensive legal expertise and insight, our team is able to provide a full range of legal services in multiple languages, including English, Chinese and Japanese. Our team also maintains close collaboration with several global law firms in Switzerland and in the US. With several decades of combined practicing experience, our team is fully prepared to assist our clients to achieve success in the ever-evolving and challenging world of sports.
If you need any legal services, kindly contact us via
Areas of Specialism
- Major Sport Events
- Providing specialized legal services for domestic and international sport events; Assisting clients in drafting and reviewing various legal documents; Participating in negotiations with various stakeholders including event sponsors, suppliers and partners; Reviewing agreements on the hosting, organization, and co-organization of assorted events; Providing advice for event organizers on the management of crises and emergencies.
- Sports Arbitration and Other Legal Proceedings
- Representing sports associations, sports clubs, and athletes in domestic and international litigation, arbitration, and hearings, including but not limited to disputes related to employment contracts, transfers, and training; Handling of competition related disputes, including appeal process for field of play decisions and disciplinary sanctions.
- Providing legal advice on domestic, overseas and international anti-doping laws, regulations, rules and systems; Representing athletes in results management processes such as anti-doping hearings before international federations and anti-doping organizations; Representing athletes in appeal procedures at the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the Swiss Federal Supreme Court.
- Sports Management Services
- Providing legal services for sports agencies, event organizers and athletes on matters including transfers, endorsement, and development of intangible assets.
- Legal Counseling
- Providing a range of legal counseling services including contract review, legal advice, legal training, labor and personnel management, rules and regulations drafting for sports administrative bodies, sports associations, sports clubs, sports management companies and other entities within the sports industry.
- Served as legal counsel for the Chinese delegation at Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games providing legal advice and assistance on anti-doping matters.
- Provides specialized legal services for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup
- Provided legal services for the 2017 World Women's Curling Championship.
- Provided legal services for the 2015 IAAF World Championships in Beijing.
- Represented an international level athlete before the Court of Arbitration for Sport in an appeal against the Olympic Council of Asia concerning anti-doping rule violation. Reached a settlement with the OCA in May 2015. Athlete’s adverse analytical finding was dismissed and the athlete was cleared of any doping violation. The case marked the first time an adverse analytical finding was overturned through international sports arbitration for Chinese athletes.
- Successfully represented Zhejiang Chouzhou Professional Basketball Club in an international arbitration proceeding against former international player JR. Smith, which was the first win for the Chinese basketball community in international arbitrations.
- Serves as long-term legal counsel for the China Anti-Doping Agency.
- Serves as long-term legal counsel for the Chinese Football Association, Sports Culture Development Center of the General Administration of Sport of China, Human Resource Development Center of the General Administration of Sport of China, and other national sports administrative bodies and associations.
- Beijing Office（Headquarters）
- Shanghai Office（Yangtze River Delta ）
- Shenzhen Office（The Greater Bay Area）
- Wuhan Office
- Hangzhou Office（Yangtze River Delta）
- Chengdu Office
- Nanjing Office（Yangtze River Delta）
- Xi'an Office
- Street: 20/F Landmark Building Tower 1, No. 8 Dongsanhuan Beilu, Chaoyang District
- Postcode: Beijing 100004
- State: P. R. China
- Country: China
- Telephone: +86 10 6590 6639