Laura’s practice encompasses employment, sports, business and property law.
Laura appears in employment tribunals throughout the UK for both Claimants and Respondents including British Airways, John Lewis PLC, Tesco, ASDA, Unite the Union, USDAW, various public healthcare employers including Ambulance Service Trusts and Hospital Trusts and professional bodies such as the BMA.
Additionally, Laura undertakes commercial employment work including issues of breach of confidentiality, restrictive covenants, inducement, conspiracy and conversion. She also deals with overlapping TUPE and insolvency matters.
Laura has experience in a wide range of other commercial work including insolvency proceedings, partnership disputes, contractual disputes and consequent enforcement proceedings including charging orders and orders for sale
Laura’s sports law practice has involved her advising and representing parties on matters such as club to club bonus contractual disputes, contested boxing promotional rights and FA Agents Regulations.
Laura provides regular CPD training and has had articles published in the Financial Times, Personnel Today, People Management Magazine and the Manchester Evening News. She has recorded a podcast for CPDCast entitled ‘A Practical Introduction to Employment Law’.
Significant Reported Cases
Ward Brothers (Malton) Ltd v Middleton and Others (2013) UKEAT/0249/13/RN,  All ER (D) 140 (Mar)
Year of Call: 2009
Laura’s sports law practice has involved her advising and representing parties on matters such as:
- Successfully representing a promoter in the High Court, Mercantile Divison, in obtaining a world-wide injunction and damages arising from a dispute with a boxer's former agent;
- Advising and drafting in a club to club bonus contractual disputes at ELF Championship level;
- Drafting pleadings in a FA Rule K Arbitration;
- Advising in respect of the application of FA Agents Regulations;
- Advising on national disciplinary proceedings involving the British Darts Organisation.
Laura has also assisted in presenting a Women in Sports event on behalf of Women in the Law and Business UK.