Policing in Football
The Department of Law and Criminology, the Centre for Sports Law Research and the Policing Research Unit are pleased to announce an early evening discussion on ‘Policing Football’.
Topics for discussion include:
- Alcohol Control: Is it time for reform?
- Safe-standing: Opportunity or risk?
- Football Banning Orders: Effective or punitive?
- Policing costs: Who pays?
- Fan culture: Where do the boundaries lie?
- Dave Charnock, Superintendent, Merseyside Police
- Amanda Jacks, Case Worker, Football Supporters’ Federation.
- Dr Geoff Pearson, University of Manchester.
- Owen West, Retired Chief Superintendent, West Yorkshire Police.
Location: Law and Psychology Building, Edge Hill University
Drinks Reception: 5.00pm – 5.30pm
Event: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
Networking: 7.00pm – 7.30pm
For more information and to register please visit here
|Event Date||22-11-2019 17:00|
|Event End Date||22-11-2019 17:30|