LawInSport's Football Law Digital conference brought together 85+ leading lawyers and executives, from 20+ countries to discuss and debate 22 of the most important legal developments in the football industry from the 21st May to 5 June 2020 with over 470 registered attendees from 40+ countries.
We hope that those working in, or aspiring to work in, the sector will be able to use and apply this knowledge to help the sport navigate through this difficult period and be stronger for it in the long term.
What people said about the conference
"The panels are all exceptional!"
"The go-to conference to hear from the best-in-class minds on legal issues in football"
- Josh Charalambous (RPC)
"The team have done amazingly well to deliver such high quantity and - importantly - quality content, with such a diverse range of speakers in a digital format. Thank you."
- Cat Watson, Pitch International
"Gave me an opportunity to engage with the professionals from the football profession and be a part of an interesting debate regarding the current legislative developments of the industry."
- Bogdan Oworuszko (Lechia Gdańsk S.A.)
"For genuine insight and interaction, in contrast to being able to brag that you were in room when some big shot stayed on message, sports lawyers and executives cannot do better than LawInSport programs."
- Professor Stephen Ross, Professor of Law, Director, Penn State Institute for Sports Law, Policy, and Research
"The conference has panels with some of the best people in the industry speaking. It is hugely informative"
- Nick Humphreys, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP
"A light in the end of the tunnel, that is what I believe FootyLaw20 meant to sports law this year. Congrats!"
- Roberto de Palma Barracco
"Informative and interactive in equal measure, stellar speakers in each session"
- Joseph Pridmore
"The level of expertise and willingness to share experience is unparalleled."
- Kevin Offer
"Excellent content brought to life in the virtual world"
- Adam Pendlebury, Senior Lecturer in Law, Edgehill Univeristy
"I have found the LawInSport Conference to be a really educative and engaging one dealing with real issues and preferring practical solutions"
- Seyi Akinwunmi, Partner Akinwunmi & Busari LP, Lagos, Nigeria & USA
"A fantastic conference with interesting speakers! A unique opportunity to engage with and learn from the best in the business."
- Maximilian Wussler
”Great conference with very interesting topics, covering nearly all the legal fields of the football industry, together with interesting and skilled speakers, to a very affordable price”
- Karl Ole Möller, Partner, NORDIA Law
We have now set-up a central page on LawInSport that gives access to recordings to all the session.
To access this:
- Purchase a ticket for the conference, with your LawInSport account. If you don't have an account you can register here for free.
- Once registered you can view the recordings at this Football Law Digital 2020 Conference videos page and receive a certificate for each recording you have watched in full.
WHO IS THIS SUITABLE FOR
Anyone with an interest in the legal and commercial frameworks and the developments that impact on football including: In-house counsel. Sports executives and administrators, Agents, Coaches, Current and former players, Private practice lawyers, Academics & Students.
Student rate (50% discount) only for FULL TIME STUDENTS
- Standard student ticket: £70+VAT
Use the coupon code 'Footylaw20Stu' when you are logged into your account.|
- LIS Plus (with annual membership) ticket: £45+VAT
Use the coupon code 'Footylaw20StuPlus' when you are logged into your account.
**We are checking each student status as a full-time student before the conference starts.
If you purchase a student when you are not Full-Time Student (i.e. a working student) you will be prevented from viewing the conference until the balance is paid.
Full-Time Current a Former Athlete/ManagersCoaches = FREE
Email with your details about the club or country you currently or have played for. This does not apply if you work in professional services.
A full price ticket equates to less than £7 per session, £2 per session for full-time students and free for former and current professional players. Therefore we are not offering any further discounts.
*Discounts are applied automatically during the registration and checkout.
**Please note that all tickets are nonrefundable.
Each attendee only needs to register once for the Conference and they will receive registration details for each session advance of the event.
Webinars will be scheduled to UK time (between 2-7pm UK time), so block your calendars accordingly.
The panel schedule may be subject to change due to speaker availability.
- Regulating and Educating Football Agents
- Manager and Backroom Staff Contracts
- Key changes to FIFA Regulations
- Player Rights: Duty of Care and Return to Play
- Match-Fixing in Football
- Safeguarding Players and Staff
- Taxation and Player Transfers
- Dealing with Racism in Football
- Reputation Management
- Sponsorship Developments
- Developments in Media Rights and the Gambling Industry
- Brand Protection Workshop
- In-House Counsel Forum
- Women’s Football
- The WADA Code and Football
- Financing Football Clubs
- Financial Control and Regulation of Football Clubs
- Player Contracts: Transfer of Players, Sell-on Clauses and Solidarity Payments
- Liquidation and Administration in Football
- Investing in Technology in Football
- Comparing Approaches to Dispute Resolution and Sanctioning during COVID-19
- COVID-19 Update
The panel schedule may be subject to change due to speaker availability.
Thursday, 21 May 2020
Regulating and Educating Football Agents - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Stefania Genesis - Co-Founder and Director, Livida Sport (Moderator)
- Serhat Yilmaz - Director, Professional Certificate Program for Sports Agents, Loughborough University
- Ricardo Cardoso – Sports Lawyer, CMB Law Firm
- Guo Cai – Practice Head International Law and Sports – Jin Mao Law Firm
- Nuno Santos Rocha – Head of Legal, FC Porto
- Vittorio Rigo – Managing Partner, ELSA Lex
Managers and Backroom Staff Contracts - 5PM BST, 6PM CET, 1PM EDT
- Libby Payne – Senior Associate, Withers
- Sean Jones QC – Barrister 11KBW
- John Mehrzad QC – Head of Sport, Littleton Chambers
- Nick Humphreys - Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper
Friday, 22 May 2020
Key Changes to the FIFA Regulations - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Carol Couse – Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP (Moderator)
- James Kitching – Director of Football Regulatory, FIFA
- Mario Florez Chemor – Associate, Morgan Sports Law
- Jan Kleiner – Partner & Co-Head of Sport, Bär & Karrer
Player’s Rights: Duty of Care & Return to Play- 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Tammi Gaw - Founder and Executive Director, Advantage Rule LLC (Moderator)
- Gareth Farrelly - Solicitor, Bermans (and Ex-Premier League Player)
- Prof. Mark James - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Brendan Schwab, Executive Director of the World Players Association.
- Loic Alves - Legal Counsel, FIFPRO
Tuesday, 26 May 2020
Match-Fixing in Football - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Kendrah Potts – Barrister, 4 New Square
- Phil Hutchinson – Senior Associate, Mills & Reeve
- Jake Marsh – Head of Integrity, Stats Perform
- Ennio Bovolenta, Head of Integrity Legal & Compliance Division, FIFA
- Affy Sheikh – Head of Starlizard Integrity Services
Safeguarding Players and Staff - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Fenella Morris QC, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers (moderator)
- Richard Bush, Senior Associate, Bird & Bird
- Hannah Kent, Associate, Charles Russell Speechlys
- Joshua Charalambous, Associate, RPC
- Katie Fudakowski Partner Farrer & Co
Wednesday, 27 May 2020
Taxation and Player Transfers - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Marie-Anne Lindhardt - Partner, MAQS Advokatbyrå
- Peter Hackleton - Head of Sports and Entertainment Group, Saffery Champness
- Daan Buylaert - Tax Counsel, Tiberghien
- Carlos Carnero - Lawyer, Senn Ferrero, Associados Sports & Entertainment
- Dr Mario Tenore - Tax Advisor, Maisto e Associati
Dealing with Racism in Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Laura Da Silva Gomes – Silverfish CSR (Moderator)
- Troy Townsend – Head of Development, Kick it Out
- Craig Harris – Barrister, Furnival Chambers
- Ifeanyi Odogwu – Barrister, Garden Court Chambers
- Piara Powar – Executive Director at FARE Network
- Elaine Banton - Barrister, 7 Bedford Row
Thursday, 28 May 2020
Reputation Management - 3PM BST, 4PM CET, 10AM EDT
- Andy May - Founder and Director, Retiro
- Karim Bouzidi – Partner, Clintons
- Caroline McAteer – Director, Sports PR Company
- David Sherborne – Barrister, 5RB
Sponsorship Developments - 5PM BST, 6PM CET, 13PM EDT
- Ashley Blake - Partner, The Sports Consultancy Legal
- Alex Kelham - Partner, Lewis Silkin
- Adrian Bevington - Founder, Bevington Sport & PR Limited
- Jonathan Bellamy - Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
Friday, 29 May 2020
Developments in Football Media Rights and Gambling - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Rowena Samarasinhe - Partner, LEVEL (Moderator)
- Paul Darling QC - Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers
- David Zeffman, Partner - Head of Gambling and Sport, CMS
- Antariksh Das - Head of Legal, Regulatory and Governance, All India Football Federation
- Álvaro Gómez de la Vega Jiménez - Legal Manager, Málaga Club de Fútbol
The WADA Code and Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Jeff Benz - Attorney, Barrister, Arbitrator, Mediator, JAMS & 4 New Square (Moderator)
- Paul Greene - Global Sports Advocates
- Brianna Quinn - Attorney, Levy Kaufmann Kohler
Monday, 01 June 2020
In-house Counsel Forum - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Jody MacDonald - Partner, Charles Russell Speechlys
- Sabrina Buljubasic - CEO, FK Sarajevo
- Amy Wells – Head of Legal Services, Everton FC
- Andrew Mercer – Acting General Counsel and Legal Director, Asian Football Confederation
- Steve Argeris – Vice-President and General Counsel, Tepper Sports (Carolina Panthers and Charlotte MLS 2021
- Michael Murphy – Legal Counsel, Premier Soccer League
Women’s Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Reyes Bellver - Bellver Sports (Moderator)
- Izzy Wray - Consultant, Deloitte Sports Business Group
- Nan Sato - Lawyer, Field-R Law
- Daniele Muscarà - Legal Consultant, Juventus Football Club
Given the need for more attention on the women's game we have made this open to the public to register here if you would like to share this with colleagues and friends.
Tuesday, 02 June 2020
Brand Protection Workshop - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Sean Corbett - Founder and Principal, Pit Stop Brand Consultancy
Financing Football Clubs - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Marcos Motta - Co-Founder, Bichara e Motta Advogados
- Graham Shear - Head of Commercial Litigation, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- Jonathan Brown - Partner, Forensics - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Control Risks
- Timothy Bridge - Director, Deloitte Sports Business Group
- Michael Savva - Partner, Watson Farley Williams
- Elio Andrea Palmitessa - Chartered Accountant and Tax Advisor, BDC Associati
Wednesday, 03 June 2020
Financial Control and Regulation of Football Clubs - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Rob Harris - Global Sports Correspondent, Associated Press
- Steven Flynn - Barrister, Kings Chambers
- Kieran Maguire - Lecturer, Liverpool University, author of Price of Football
- Christopher Flanagan - Managing Editor, International Sports Law Journal
- Marianne Clayton, Partner, Clayton & Segura
- Anand Patel, Associate, Linklaters
Player Contracts: Transfer of Players, Sell-on Clauses and Solidarity Payments - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- James Severn - Partner, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP
- Patricia Moyersoen - Managing Partner, Cabinet Moyersoen
- Ariel Reck - Sports Lawyer
- Jakub Laskowski - Director of Legal and Sport Administration, Legia Warsaw
- Jaques Blondin - Head of TMS, FIFA
- Pekka Aho - Attorney-at-Law, Applex Attorneys
Thursday, 04 June 2020
Liquidation and Administration of Football Clubs -2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Rebecca Andrews-Walker, Senior Associate, Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP
- Mark Hovell - Partner, Mills & Reeve LLP
- Josep Vandellos Alamilla - Founder, Vandellos Sports Law
Investing in Technology in Football - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Jon Walters - Partner, Northridge Law LLP (Moderator)
- Brandon Janosky, Managing Director, Stadia Ventures
- Charlie Greenwood, Founder, Sports Loft
- Tom Lambert. Counsel and Commercial Operations Lead, Two Circles
- Drew Barrand, Commercial Consultant & Former Marketing Director, EFL
Friday, 05 June 2020
Comparing Approaches to Dispute Resolution - 2PM BST, 3PM CET, 9AM EDT
- Despina Mavromati - Attorney SportLegis; UEFA Appeals Body Member (Moderator)
- Erika Montemor Ferreira, Head of FIFA Players’ Status Department, FIFA
- Roberto Barracco - National Dispute Resolution Chamber (CNRD) Head of Research, Confederação Brasileira de Futebol (CBF)
- Takuya Yamazaki - Partner, Field R Law
- Murray Rosen QC - Barrister, 4 New Square
- Farai Razano - Partner, Razano Attorneys
COVID-19 Impact on Football Update - 4PM BST, 5PM CET, 12PM EDT
- Sean Cottrell - Founder and CEO, LawInSport (Moderator)
- Rustam Sethna - Associate, LawInSport
- Michele Colucci - EU Civil Servant and Member of the FIFA DRC
- Nick De Marco QC - Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Brendan Schwab, Executive Director, World Players Association
- Each day will have approximately 1/1.5 hours between 2-7pm BST.
- Recordings will be available to registered attendees after the session finishes.
- The schedule may be subject to change depending on speakers availability.
Online using Zoom Webinar.
The conference offers over 22 hours of self-accredited CPD. Certificates of attendance will be provide.
Attendees can get a full certificate of attendance even if they have not been able watch live providing they have watch the full recordings of each session.
PREVIOUS ATTENDING COMPANIES
3 Hare Court Chambers
14 Sports Law
39 Essex Chambers
4 New Square
Alexiou Fisher Philipps
All India Football Federation
Anglia Ruskin University
Ararat - Armenia Football Club
Asian Football Confederation
Axia Sports and Media Group Limited
Bär & Karrer AG
BCL Solicitors LLP
Bird & Bird
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
Camargos, Melo, Moraes e Mendonça Advogados
Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy, SOAS
City Football Group
CMB-Sociedade de Advogados, R.L.
Cooke, Young & Keidan LLP
Creative Artists Agency
Crystal Palace F.C.
Dahl Law Firm
Davidson Chalmers LLP
Derby County FC
DFL Deutsche Fussball Liga GmbH
Discovery Corporate Services Limited
ECIJA & ASOCIADOS ABOGADOS BARCELONA, S.L.
Edge Hill University
Effori Sports Law
English Football Association
European Club Association
Everton Football Club
Farrer & Co
Fletcher Sports Law
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Fulham Football Club
German Football Agents Association
Huddersfield Town Football Club
IPS Law LLP
Juventus FC Women
lafranchi meyer attorneys at law
Law Office Bolcar
Legia Warszawa SA
Lewis Silkin LLP
Libra Law SA
Lisbies Pro Finishing Workshop
Luton Town FC
MACCABI TEL AVIV FC
Manchester United Football Club
Miller Insurance Services LLP
Mills & Reeve
Mishcon de Reya LLP
Moraes e Mendonça Advogados
Morgan Sports Law
National Olympic Committee of Uzbekistan
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Northern Cricket Union
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Norwich City Football Club plc
Off Field Sports Consulting Ltd
Pit Stop Brand Consultancy
PLAUSUS UK LTD
Real Madrid C.F.
Reed Smith LLP
Rock Sports Management
Ruiz-Huerta & Crespo
Saudi Professional League
SB PROFESSIONISTI SRLS
Schweele Law Office
SEG (Sports Entertainment Group)
Serjeants Inn Chambers
Souloukou & Partners Law Firm
Sports People's Think Tank
Squire Patton Boggs (UK)
Sydney Mitchell LLP
The European Football Agents Association (“EFAA”)'
The Football Association of Norway
The Football Association of Wales
The Sporting Way
Triple S Sports Entertainment Group
Thomas Cooper LLP
Tufan Football Club
Unique Sports Management
University of Law
University of Northampton
University of Pretoria
University of Reading
University of Zurich
Uzbekistan Football Association
Vandellos Sports Law
VfB Stuttgart 1893 AG
Wasserman Media Group
Women In Football