Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Hibbett Sports
Mr. Benck is a dual US/Luxembourg citizen who graduated from Birmingham-Southern College (BA- Economics, 1990). He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Alabama School of Law (JD, 1993).
Professionally, he serves as the Vice President, General Counsel and Assistant Secretary for Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc. (Nasdaq: HIBB), a billion dollar, full line sporting goods distributor headquartered in Alabama with over 1,050 retail locations in approximately 36 US states, and nearly 10,000 employees.
Reporting directly to the CEO and the Board of Directors, he oversees the Legal Department and its staff of attorneys, Governmental Affairs, Economic and Competitive Intelligence, Enterprise Risk Management, Enterprise-wide Compliance, and serves as the Chief Privacy Officer (CIPP/US certified).
In addition to his role as chief legal officer for Hibbett, Mr. Benck serves in the following capacities:
- Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, representing the Birmingham Branch – Board of Directors and Business Inflation Panel Member;
- American Arbitration Association/ International Centre for Dispute Resolution [AAA/ICDR] with offices in New York, Bahrain, Mexico City and Singapore- Council Member, Co-Chair of the Large Case Committee, Co-Chair of the National Sport Committee, and arbitrator on commercial, employment, and sport panels;
- The International Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Switzerland – Member of the Court;
- Northern Alabama Threat Awareness Council- Member of FBI’s Cyber Threat Council;
- Alabama chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel- Member and Past President.