On the 23 May 2018, LawInSport hosted a half-day seminar on legal issues in football and a book launch of "Football and the Law (Bloomsbury, May 2018)". The seminar was held in partnership with Blackstone Chambers, the British Association for Sport and Law and Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP.
The seminar will cover the latest legal developments in football relating to:
- player transfers
- regulating intermediaries and
- football politics and discrimination
Following the seminar, the British Association for Sport and Law (BASL) also hosted a panel on "The life of an in-house football lawyer".
The following video is of the panel discussion on "The Football Transfer Market – current issues (incl. training compensation, player registration & transfer of minors)", featuring the following speakers:
- Jane Mulcahy QC (Chair) - (Blackstone Chambers and co-author of chapter on football transfers)
- Steven Smith, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Graham Shear, Partner, Litigation & Corporate Risk, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP (Co-author of chapter on Taxation)
- Liz Coley, Senior Associate, Walker Morris (Co-author of chapters on Player Contracts and Transfers)
- Daniel Lowen, Partner, Level Law (Co-author of chapter on Intermediaries)
- Amy Wells, Head of Legal, Everton FC
This is a short preview, the full video is available to LawInSport Plus members.