On the 23 May 2018, LawInSport hosted a half-day seminar on legal issues in football and a book launch of "Football and the Law (Bloomsbury, May 2018)". The seminar was held in partnership with Blackstone Chambers, the British Association for Sport and Law and Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP.
The seminar will cover the latest legal developments in football relating to:
- player transfers
- regulating intermediaries and
- football politics and discrimination
Following the seminar, the British Association for Sport and Law (BASL) also hosted a panel on "The life of an in-house football lawyer".
The following video is of the panel discussion on "Regulating Intermediaries – what does the future look like for football agents?", featuring the following speakers:
- Nick De Marco QC (Chair) – (Blackstone Chambers, Editor of book/co-author of chapter on Intermediaries)
- Chris Duffy, Legal Counsel - Celtic Football Club
- Udo Onwere, Partner, Bray & Krais Solicitors, Premier League Match Delegate, and former professional football player (Fulham FC)
- Bobby Barnes Dr. Sc., President, FIFPro Division Europe and Deputy Chief Executive, Professional Footballers Association
- Liz Ellen, Partner and Head of Sport or Stefania Lobina, Associate - Mishcon de Reya LLP
- Mike Miller, Chairman, Association of Football Agents (AFA)
This is a short preview, the full video is available to LawInSport Plus members.