On the 23 May 2018, LawInSport hosted a half-day seminar on legal issues in football and a book launch of "Football and the Law (Bloomsbury, May 2018)". The seminar was held in partnership with Blackstone Chambers, the British Association for Sport and Law and Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP.
The seminar will cover the latest legal developments in football relating to:
- player transfers
- regulating intermediaries and
- football politics and discrimination
Following the seminar, the British Association for Sport and Law (BASL) also hosted a panel on "The life of an in-house football lawyer".
The following video is of the panel discussion on "Football, politics and discrimination", featuring the following speakers:
- Lydia Banerjee (Chair) - Barrister, Littleton Chambers
- Chris Anderson, Head of Legal and Commercial, Brighton & Hove Albion (formerly Head of Legal, Everton FC)
- Ian Mill QC, Blackstone Chambers (co-author of chapter on Arbitration in Football)
- Paul Gilroy QC, Littleton Chambers and 9 St John Street Chambers (co-author of the chapter on Managers' Contracts)
- Adam Lewis QC, Barrister, Blackstone Chambers
- Ifeanyi Odogwu, Barrister, Garden Court Chambers and The Football Association Anti-Discrimination Panel
This is a short preview, the full video is available to LawInSport Plus members.