JAMS sponsors Sports Law Ireland Conference 2019
We are delighted to welcome JAMS, the mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution services provider, as our Networking Sponsor for the Sports Law Ireland 2019 conference organised by LawInSport in partnership with the Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland, on the 8 February 2019 in Dublin.
The conference brings together experts to discuss and debate contemporary issues in sports law and celebrate the contribution of Irish Sports Lawyers and Sports Business Professionals to the development of international sports governance, regulation and law.
The conference will include four panel discussions on:
- Has the eSports industry finally matured?
- David Casserly, Barrister and Attorney, Kellerhals Carrard (Panel Chair)
- Vyte Danileviciute, International Counsel, Riot Games
- Andrew Nixon, Head of Sport and eSports, Sheridans
- Jeffery Benz, Arbitrator and Meditator, 4 New Square, JAMS and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Sports media rights – new distribution methods and competition law
- Louise Reilly, Barrister (Panel Chair)
- Benoit Keane, Solicitor/Avocat ,Keane Legal
- Ian Lynam, Partner, Northridge
- Lynsey Mulvihill, Senior Legal Counsel, World Rugby
Alex Slade, VP Legal, EMEA, ELEVEN SPORTS
- Changes to the sporting betting industry and the impact of the Independent Tennis Integrity Report
- Rob McTernaghan, Barrister (Panel Chair)
- Susan Ahern, Barrister and former General Counsel of World Rugby
- Daniel Wallach, Gaming Law and Sports Betting Attorney at Wallach Legal and Co-founder UNH Law Sports Wagering & Integrity Program
- Cliodhna Guy, Head of Licensing, Legal and Compliance at, The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board
- Regulating Mixed Martial Arts and athlete welfare
- Paul McGarry SC, President of Irish Sports Law Bar Association (Panel Chair)
- Prof Jack Anderson, Professor of Sports Law, Melbourne University
- Isobel Carnwath, Director of Brand, Commerce and Communications, International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF)
- Gareth Farrelly, Solicitor and Former Republic of Ireland and Premier League football player.
- Aisling Daly, Former UFC fighter, Safe MMA ambassador
Matthew Rushton, Director, EMEA at JAMS, "JAMS is delighted to support this conference, and play a part in promoting efficient resolution of sports-related disputes in Ireland and around the world.”
Sean Cottrell, CEO of LawInSport, “The conference brings together world leading experts to discuss and debate important issues in sports law. However, networking plans an important role in the sharing of ideas and thoughts as well as building meaningful relationships to help develop sports law in Ireland and internationally. Therefore we are extremely grateful to JAMS for recognising this and for sponsoring our networking evening."
Sports Law Bar Association of Ireland Chairman, Paul McGarry: “As a new and dynamic sports law association we are delighted at this early stage to be working in partnership with LawInSport to delivery what we consider will be a cutting-edge sports law conference attractive to both Irish and International lawyers and members of the sports industry. LawInSport has led the field in delivering unique events that bring key players, commentators and advisors in the sports law field together and we believe the Sports Law Ireland 2019 conference will be a superb addition to the calendar.”
To find see a full agenda or to book tickets click here.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Regulating Mixed Martial Arts and athlete welfare - Panel discussion at Sports law Ireland Conference 2019
- Changes to the sports betting industry and the impact of the Independent Tennis Integrity Report - Panel discussion at Sports law Ireland Conference 2019
- Sports media rights – new distribution methods and competition law - Panel discussion at Sports law Ireland Conference 2019
- Has the eSports industry finally matured? Panel discussion at Sports law Ireland Conference 2019