A summary of the esports panel at LawInSport’s 6th annual conference
The ‘future legal and regulatory challenges in esports’ panel took place on 10 November 2020. This article summarises the main discussion points. The speakers were:
- Daniel Kozelko, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers (Chair)
- Andrew Cooke, General Counsel, Fnatic
- William Deller, Senior Associate, Bird & Bird
- Ian Smith, Commissioner, Esports Integrity Commission
- Vyte Danileviciute, Principal Counsel, Riot Games
- Anna Baumann, Executive Vice President Esports at ReKTGlobal and Managing Director and General Counsel, Rogue Sports
Continue reading this article...
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- COVID-19: can esports help mitigate the impact on traditional sports?
- Cheating in esports: a review of the “emilshe1n” decision and the role of ESIC in esports regulation
- Play by play – an introduction to esports, monetisation and IP rights
- Formula 1 and esports in the time of Coronavirus
- Cheating in esports: a review of ESIC’s "coach spectator bug" decision
About the Author
Chris is the Editor at LawInSport, and takes responsibility for the review of content in conjunction with the Editorial Board. Prior to joining LawInSport, Chris graduated from Nottingham University, and trained and worked as a litigation lawyer at King & Wood & Mallesons SJ Berwin.