Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith is a barrister at 11KBW Chambers in London. He practises principally in the fields of employment and discrimination law, sports law and commercial law.
He is regularly instructed to act in sports arbitrations, disciplinary proceedings and civil claims, acting for a wide range of clients including players, athletes, managers, officials, clubs, intermediaries / agents and governing bodies. In addition to his work as an advocate, Andrew has been appointed to sit as a Rule K arbitrator and as a member of an EFL arbitration appeal panel. Andrew is a member of Sport Resolutions’ panel of arbitrators and its panel of pro bono advocates.
Andrew is a longstanding member of the LawInSport Editorial Board and has written many articles for the website over the years.
I sat down with Andrew in November 2022 to conduct this interview. I hope you enjoy the conversation as much as I did.
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.
- Tags: Career Advice | Careers | Dispute Resolution | Draughts | Employment Law | FA Handbook | Football | Olympic | Regulation & Governance | Sports | United Kingdom (UK)
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: James Kitching
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Lindsay Brandon
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Christopher Chase
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Mark Hovell
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Steve Bainbridge
- Sports Lawyer In Spotlight: Roberto De Palma Barracco
- Sports Lawyer In The Spotlight: Farai Razano
Manan is currently an Editor at LawInSport. Before joining LawInSport, Manan practiced law at a leading media and entertainment law firm in Mumbai, India. Manan has been a part of LawInSport's inaugural Academy Mentoring Scheme and was mentored by LawInSport CEO and Founder, Sean Cottrell.