Amendments to the registration period of minors in football - interview with Christian Keidel - Episode 45
Published 23 May 2017
In this podcast, LawInSport CEO, Sean Cottrell, interviews sports lawyer and partner at Martens Lawyers, Christian Keidel on the issues surrounding the international transfer of minors, FIFA's recent change of practice regarding the transfer of minors, and specifically its impact on the case of minor player Nikolas Nartey.
Christian discusses the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision to overrule FIFA and allow the registration of minor player Nikolas Nartey, the role of Article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, the obligations on the football clubs, as well as the requirement to obtain the subcommittee's approval and its interplay with transfer deadlines.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players | Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) | FIFA | Football | Governance | Regulation | Transfer of Minors
- CAS overrules FIFA and allows registration of minor Nikolas Nartey on appeal by the German Football Federation (DFB) and 1. FC Köln
- How FIFA TMS's Global Player Exchange is changing how football clubs conduct international transfers
- When does a buy-out clause trigger a “transfer” under FIFA Regulations?
- How does the transfer market influence the integrity of football? - Episode 37