An inside look at how the RFU deals with on-field misconduct and disciplinary panels in rugby - Episode 33
Published 20 January 2016 By: Sean Cottrell
In this Gerard McEvilly, Head of Discipline at the Rugby Football Union (RFU), speaks to LawInSport CEO, Sean Cottrell, from Twickenham Stadium, about how the RFU:
1) Processes and sets the rules relating to handling of RFU on field disciplinary decisions;
2) Appoints citing commissioners and how they operate on match days;
3) Disciplinary panel operate and how members are selected.
Whilst this interview will be of interest to anyone with a general interest with Rugby Union, it will also particular be useful for those working in sports dispute resolution.
This work was written for and first published on LawInSport.com (unless otherwise stated) and the copyright is owned by LawInSport Ltd. Permission is granted to make digital or hard copies of this work (or part, or abstracts, of it) for personal use provided copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage, and provided that all copies bear this notice and full citation on the first page (which should include the URL, company name (LawInSport), article title, author name, date of the publication and date of use) of any copies made. Copyright for components of this work owned by parties other than LawInSport must be honoured.
- Tags: Disciplinary | Governance | Podcast | Regulation | Rugby | Rugby Football Union (RFU) | United Kingdom (UK)
- Interview with Katherine Grainger and Vijay Parbat on their work with International Inspiration - Episode 32
- Interview with Dimitrios Efstathiou, Vice President, Legal at Major League Soccer - Episode 31
- How will the 2020 Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games change sports law in Japan? - Episode 30
- Dutee Chand's lawyer, Jim Bunting, talks about their successful case at the CAS against the IAAF - Episode 29
- Nick Bitel, CEO London Marathon & Chair of Sport England talks about the challenges facing sports governing bodies - Episode 28