World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association sign comprehensive integrity agreement with Sportradar
13 December 2016
The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA), the governing body for both snooker and billiards worldwide, has selected Sportradar to provide its extensive integrity-focused services for the next three years.
This direct partnership will see Sportradar apply its award-winning Fraud Detection System over snooker’s thousands of matches each year, but will also see the company, headquartered in Switzerland, provide an annual Education Workshop to WPBSA stakeholders, as well as intelligence and investigatory support as required.
Speaking about this new partnership, WPBSA Vice Chairman, Nigel Mawer QPM said: “We have had the chance to work with Sportradar over the last few years so we were delighted we could convert that experience into a stronger and closer relationship. Sportradar continue to develop new services and improve the sharpness of their existing products, which means that this partnership should enable us to preserve the most robust defences against those who would look to undermine our sport.”
Sportradar’s Managing Director Integrity Services, Andreas Krannich had this to add: “We have really enjoyed working closely with snookers world governing body. Fans and stakeholders of the WPBSA should feel reassured that they have such a committed and forward-looking team protecting these two sports. This development is really encouraging and we look forward to doing our bit to ensure snooker remains an exciting, world class sport.”
Sportradar Integrity Services have partnerships with some of the world’s key sporting stakeholders, such as UEFA, AFC, World Rugby, ICC, NBA and NHL. Altogether, Sportradar monitors over 230 leagues and competitions worldwide.
- Tags: Anti-Corruption | Asian Football Confederation (AFC) | Basketball | Cricket | Football | Fraud Detection System (FDS) | Hockey | Integrity | International Cricket Council (ICC) | National Basketball Association (NBA) | National Hockey League (NHL) | Snooker | Sportradar | Switzerland | UEFA | World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) | World Rugby
- INTERPOL Integrity in Sport Bi-Weekly Bulletin - 28 November 2016-11 December 2016
- AFC Executive Committee introduces new integrity policies
- Norway calls on Sportradar to support Macolin Convention’s anti match manipulation National Platform
- Sportradar chosen to protect Erste Bank Eishockey Liga integrity