Diplomacy: exploring the relationship between sports, global politics and the law - Panel discussion to take place at Understand the Rules of the Game 2019
We are excited to announce that the 5th LawInSport’s Annual Conference ‘Understand The Rules Of The Game 2019’ will be hosted at the Royal Institution of Great Britain, Green Park (Mayfair), London on 12th & 13th September 2019.
This two day conference will build on the success of the previous annual conferences at which over 300 leading sports lawyers, sports executives, academics, students and athletes networked and discussed the key issues and developments in international sports law.
Our diplomacy panel will explore the relationship between sports, global politics and the law. We are delighted to have the following international sports law experts join this discussion panel:
- Dr. Simon Rofe, Reader in Diplomatic and International Studies, Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD), SOAS
- Dikaia Chatziefstathiou, Reader in Olympic Studies and the Social Analysis of Sport, Cantebury Christ Church University
- Steve Bainbridge, Partner, Head of Sports Law & Events Management, Al Tamimi & Company
- Antariksh Das, Head of Legal, Regulatory and Governance, All Indian Football Federation (AIFF)
- Guo Cai, Founder & Practice Head, LexVeritas International Law and Sports Group, Jin Mao Law Firm
- Andrea Cattaneo, Lecturer in Law, Edge Hill University
For further information on the panels and conference speakers, please see our guide to the 5th Annual Conference Understand The Rules Of The Game 2019 for details.
You will be able to follow updates about the conference by using #LISconf19.
We would also like to thank our sponsors, Ernst & Young: