SLAM is a unique initiative, with the objective of providing a world-class moot competition that promotes greater knowledge of the values and rules of international sports arbitration, a key dispute resolution mechanism in the sector.
We are proud to announce that we have over 40 teams registered for the global sports law moot competition, SLAM. We have already extended the deadline for registrations once, however, we have been inundated with requests for a further extension.
LawInSport’s CEO, Sean Cottrell, said “It is heartwarming to see several sports lawyers and firms in this sector supporting this endeavour and even looking to sponsor teams themselves in order to ensure that students are not deprived of an opportunity to participate. Therefore, we are going to extend the timeline further in order to allow students some more time to form their team and register for the competition.”
Revised Competition Timeline
The timeline that has been revised is as follows:
- Registration Open - 9 November 2021
- Registration Closes - 24 December 2021
- Case sent to registered teams - 27 December 2021
- Course - how to write legal submissions - 5 January 2021
- Period for clarification questions - 27 December 2021 to 20 January 2022
The timelines below remain the same as before:
- Written submission deadline - 14 February 2022
- Results of written submission judging announced to teams - 14 March 2022
- Course on making effective oral arguments (open to all registered teams regardless of qualification into the quarter-finals) - 17 March 2022
- Quarter Finals (Online) - 21-27 March 2022
- Semi-Finals & Finals (In person) - 21-22 April 2022
The Semi-Finals and Finals will be held in London.
Support The SLAM