While sport is not immune from the problems we see in society, sports can undoubtedly play a significant role in highlighting important issues and being a positive influence on society. However, recent history has shown the sports sector still has a lot of work still to do when it comes to addressing issues around inclusion and diversity. Our panel will explore how sports can take a more unified and comprehensive approach to dealing with issues of discrimination as well as highlight some of the good rules, policies and practices that are already being used by some organisations in and out of sport.
- Ifeanyi Odogwu, Barrister, Matrix Chambers (Moderator)
- Jonathan Hirshler, CEO, Signify
- Piara Powar, Executive Director, Fare Network
- Reyes Bellver, President, Leadership Women Football (LWF)
- N.Jeremi Duru, Professor, American University Washington College of Law