Brian Flores, The Rooney Rule, And Competition Integrity In The NFL
Wednesday, 30 March 2022
The expert panel discusses the impact of tanking on competition integrity - including whether it could rise to the level of criminal conspiracy and/or civil lawsuits from bettors and sportsbooks - and the ability of the NFL and its member clubs to remove an owner who financially incentivizes its team personnel to lose games - including the potential avenues to do so through a 3/4 owner ratification or more directly through the NFL commissioner's authority.
- Madieu Williams, Global Risk-Strategy/Operations, Visa, Inc.
- Jeremi Duru, Professor of Law, Washington College of Law American University
- Howard Bryant, Award-winning author and journalist, Meadowlark Media, ESPN and NPR
- Amira Rose Davis, Assistant Professor, Penn State University & co-host of Burn it All Down and the host of Season 3 of American Prodigies podcast
- Ricky Volante, Attorney, The Volante Law Firm
To continue reading or watching login or register here
Already a member? Sign in
Get access to all of the expert analysis and commentary at LawInSport including articles, webinars, conference videos and podcast transcripts. Find out more here.